Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #1

antenna

Does anyone know anything about the new Winegard multidirectional antenna on the newer 2020 Jayco Pinnacles? I have a new RV ordered, but I am not sure if I ordered it before the change was made.

I wish Jayco would add 2020 models to its on-line site as they come out rather than waiting until all models are out late in the year!
jackiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #2

Not sure what our 2020 Jay Feather has on it, cannot find a name or anything just know it is like a diversity antenna on a car but larger. As far as watching TV the only place we have been with it the over air reception is bad anyway.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebeth View Post
Does anyone know anything about the new Winegard multidirectional antenna on the newer 2020 Jayco Pinnacles? I have a new RV ordered, but I am not sure if I ordered it before the change was made.

I wish Jayco would add 2020 models to its on-line site as they come out rather than waiting until all models are out late in the year!
Our 2019 Pinnacle has the Winegard Rayzar.z1 and it works great for us, we get around 20 plus OTA channels and very clear. Just make sure to use the scan function for the TV to locate all available channels.

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebeth View Post

Anyway just saw this again and seeing as how we have a 2020 Jay Feather and I did say that the unit has an omnidirectional antenna now know that the manufacturer is Steiner Industries and that there is not a bit of information available on it. No adjustment just sits on roof power on for OTA. Good luck and have you heard any information on your unit or has it shown up?
Old 01-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #5

2020 Anenna

I traded in a trailer with the Winegard Batwing and added booster that worked well at home. My 2019 Jayco 330 RSTS that came with the Rayzar Z1. I've lost a favorite TV channel apparently due to weak signal as during the Fed. Repack, they became VHF channel 13 while all others are UHF. UHF channel 24 is located on the same tower as channel 13 but I'm unable to receive 13, but have a great picture on 24.

Could the new antenna allegedly on the 2020 models be the Winegard Air 360+ which is said to have a 55 mile range?
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #6

antenna

I have a 2020 Jayco White Hawk that I believe was manufactured Feb 2019. It does not have a multidirectional antenna.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #7

I know that our Jay Feather was manufactured in October 2019 and the antenna on it is manufactured by Steiner Industries and it is omnidirectional. When it gets a bit warmer I am going to take a picture of it and share it here. I know some of the 2020 labeled Jay Feather's with old color scheme had a King rotatable antenna not sure why someone decided this was a better idea.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #8

Going back to Sensar IV

After further reading and some common sense, I'm going to have to go to the tried and proven Sensar IV in order to raise the antenna for better reception. My Rayzar Z1 was mounted only 13 inches from the trailer wall which negates the 360 + that is still only rooftop high. Due to the location of the hole through the roof already in place I'll go back to what I know works well with only a little effort.

I have a request for assistance in to Winegard to see if I can splice a switch into the hot wire to control power to the power supply but leave the button depressed. My supply was installed in back of a wide TV requiring about a four foot arm and moving the TV to switch from park cable to OTA. Anyone tried that?
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote