Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 674
I buy a new generator every year, (cause I want too) and have had about every brand you can name, including Honda.

Now, I have a Champion 3100 with remote start, and it's way the best I've owned so far. Starting it from inside the Jayco TT is just fantastic.

Champion 3100 with remote start - Model # 75537i
__________________

Riverman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
WeRJuliian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 603
@bluegill... why are inverter generators quieter?
The noise, surely, comes from the engine...

Or are inverter generators just more modern and efficiently designed?
__________________

__________________
IanP, the man from Scotland
Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Riverton
Posts: 4
I like this on
https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-w...tor-63584.html

3500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator

Using advanced inverter technology this generator produces more power, with a clean power curve and low fuel consumption. With 11 hours of run time at 25% load this powerful inverter generator is ideal for powering RVs, camping, supplying household emergency power and tailgating. Super-quiet power output (57 dB) makes this generator ideal for campsites. Parallel capable to double your output . 30 Amp RV adapter included for easy hookup to your RV.
212cc air-cooled OHV gas engine
11 hour run-time @ 25% capacity
Digital LCD Screen with low oil, overload and output light indicators
Integrated smooth-rolling casters for portability
Electronic overload protection
(2) 120VAC grounded outlets, (1) 120VAC Twistlock Outlet, (1) DC-12V Two Pin Outlet
Hassle free Electric start for quick and easy starting
Overweight Item subject to 14.95 additional Freight Charge.
routerguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 61
I have a Champion 3500 dual fuel and so far I am very happy with it. Runs good on the propane and starts and runs a/c good
__________________
2018 Pinnacle 37RSTS Disc brakes and shocks
2017 F-350 Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW
rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #25
Member
 
Grey Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 35
I also have a Champion and love it, quiet and much cheaper than Honda or Yamaha. I've had it for four years now and no problems.
__________________

Larry, Marilyn & Buddy
2012 F-250 Super Duty
closely followed by
2012 Heartland Greystone.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,209
Also Champion 3500 Inverter remote start is awesome!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Cedartown
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by routerguy99 View Post
I like this on

https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-w...tor-63584.html



3500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator



Using advanced inverter technology this generator produces more power, with a clean power curve and low fuel consumption. With 11 hours of run time at 25% load this powerful inverter generator is ideal for powering RVs, camping, supplying household emergency power and tailgating. Super-quiet power output (57 dB) makes this generator ideal for campsites. Parallel capable to double your output . 30 Amp RV adapter included for easy hookup to your RV.

212cc air-cooled OHV gas engine

11 hour run-time @ 25% capacity

Digital LCD Screen with low oil, overload and output light indicators

Integrated smooth-rolling casters for portability

Electronic overload protection

(2) 120VAC grounded outlets, (1) 120VAC Twistlock Outlet, (1) DC-12V Two Pin Outlet

Hassle free Electric start for quick and easy starting

Overweight Item subject to 14.95 additional Freight Charge.


This is the one i have, its alot quieter than my buddies honda 3000! Love it and no problems what so ever. Got mine even cheaper than that.
swheele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
I also have a Champion and love it, quiet and much cheaper than Honda or Yamaha. I've had it for four years now and no problems.
Same here. Love my Champion.
__________________
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2017 Ford F-250 FX4 Crew STX 6.2l
3.73 E-locker
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 155
I bought the Honda eu 3000is. Found out in short order that I am not a young man anymore and itís tough to pick this thing up I looked on eBay and found a tundra tire wheel kit for it. Now I am able to push it around and up a ramp to the bed of my pickup and occasionally sit on it and ride it just for kicks
Attached Thumbnails
03E5EC2F-E11B-4A7A-93FD-C02FA6F46DDE.jpg  
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,209
Yes they are very quiet and very expensive. Big problem won't start 15000 ac units, they need 2900 watts. We went Champion route 3500 inverter geny remote start $1000.00 Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CENTRAL NEW YORK
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Yes they are very quiet and very expensive. Big problem won't start 15000 ac units, they need 2900 watts. We went Champion route 3500 inverter geny remote start $1000.00 Thanks
My 2000 watt Yamaha starts my 15K. Just need to add soft start kit.
__________________
2013 33 RLDS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,209
Does your 2000 have a battery for electric start? My Honda 2000 was a no go. And we camp at elevation of 7400 this week. Installed a micro air easy start dropped start watts 70% Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #33
Member
 
Menchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 37
Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Generator.

We chose the Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Generator with electric start. Got it on Amazon for $950USD. It is very quiet for its size and runs on eco mode even with 13000 btu AC running on full. I highly recommend this unit.
Attached Thumbnails
AF2852D2-66DD-4CBB-9DF7-C07DE1ECB012.jpg  
Menchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bridgeton
Posts: 93
Has any one had any experience with the Westinghouse Igen 4500?
Gogrampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,209
Got 3500 remote start great deal for the money! Runs are 15000 ac eco mode! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Generator 4-18.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #36
Member
 
SmackIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Reno
Posts: 64
About the Champion, had mine for 3 years, happy with it.


#1 Be careful with the remote start because you have to leave the power on to make it work. It will kill the battery, I've been through 2 now. Added a little solar panel to keep it charged.



#2 It does not run in eco mode powering an AC. Yes, you may have the switch set to eco mode, but it automatically goes into the full power mode if the draw is more than eco mode can handle.
SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,209
Curious where did you find solar panel,on my way to Harbor Freight! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #38
Member
 
SmackIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Reno
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Curious where did you find solar panel,on my way to Harbor Freight! Thanks

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046DU836/


Be careful with cheap solar... they can drain your battery during the night if they don't have the proper diode.
SmackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #39
Member
 
Menchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackIt View Post
About the Champion, had mine for 3 years, happy with it.


#1 Be careful with the remote start because you have to leave the power on to make it work. It will kill the battery, I've been through 2 now. Added a little solar panel to keep it charged.



#2 It does not run in eco mode powering an AC. Yes, you may have the switch set to eco mode, but it automatically goes into the full power mode if the draw is more than eco mode can handle.
True it ramps up RPMs when starting the AC in ECO mode. But it sure runs a lot quieter when the AC cycles off. Both saving on fuel and noise.
Menchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,209
X2 to the quiet!
__________________

bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×