Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #41

Champion 3100-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Model #100204 from Costco for $850.

https://www.championpowerequipment.c...fuel-inverter/

Quiet, runs the 15kbtu AC on our trailer just fine...as well as refrigerator, lights, TV, stereo. You can run it on propane if you choose, but your max output drops. It has electric start, wheels, and is relatively quiet (slightly louder than the Honda 3000's). You can leave the Eco mode switch on and it runs fine, throttles down to near idle when the AC kicks off.

Oh, also it fits in the bed of my truck under the tonneau cover so I can keep it locked up and hidden. Important for me, maybe not so much for others.

venoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogrampa View Post
Has any one had any experience with the Westinghouse Igen 4500?
I have about 20 hours on a new igen 4500 (5/2018).

It has plenty of power to run my new mach 15 from its 30amp plug (I used a 30-50amp adapter).

I did have some “chatter” from my progressive -ems and wasn’t able to run my second mach 15 simultaneously

- so I installed 2 micro airs on both of my mach 15’s and I not only don’t get any ems chatter on startup I can actually run both mach 15’s simultaneously - they both draw about 24 amps together giving me about 6 extra amps for other items.

There is a common issue that the automatic choke can become disconnected from the control board - westinghouse provides a PDF walking you through manually setting the auto-choke (I currently have this issue - I pull the side panel and open the choke when it is warm) there is a permanent fix that I haven’t been long term successful with yet, I’m going to try one more time and maybe cable tie the wiring harnesses, so I may need to take it in for service if I can’t resolve it.

Having remote start/stop is great,along with - having wheels and telescoping handle,upto 21 hours runtime on 1 tank of 3.4 gallons, digital monitoring panel, 3 year warranty, fitting under my tanneu cover, only weighing about 98lbs for this capacity, 30amp rv plug with 4500 watt surge all of this for $950 is a great value.
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:22 PM   #43

We have the Yamaha 2000 and have used it heavily for 2 years. We liked the fuel shut off feature and fuel gauge. Besides my DW liked blue better as it goes nicely with our Jay Feather.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #44

We have the Honda twins. When I run both they run the A/C and other stuff very nicely. When we do not run the A/C I only run one at a time. I try to balance the hours between the two generators. We got them because they are lightweight and quite. After reading this, remote on/off would be nice, but how much does it weigh? 48 pounds is hard to beat. (dry weight Honda each) The EU2200i might just run the 13,500 A/C, but it would run maxed out, I would try it before I bought the second.

Happy camping and be consider your fellow campers when you are running your generator.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke4857 View Post
We have the Honda twins. When I run both they run the A/C and other stuff very nicely. When we do not run the A/C I only run one at a time. I try to balance the hours between the two generators. We got them because they are lightweight and quite. After reading this, remote on/off would be nice, but how much does it weigh? 48 pounds is hard to beat. (dry weight Honda each) The EU2200i might just run the 13,500 A/C, but it would run maxed out, I would try it before I bought the second.

Happy camping and be consider your fellow campers when you are running your generator.
How many hours do your twin 2000's run on full tanks of fuel with AC cycling? I ended up with a Champion 3400w dual fuel and am happy with it, but wonder if I shouldn't have gone with twin 2000's. Too late now!
sasiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:25 AM   #46
Site Team

My Honda 2000i had been a good one for over 10 years. It won't run my ac but it was not purchased for that purpose. Quiet, dependable and they cost about the same as I paid for it 10 years ago.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #47

I ended up buying a Firman Whisper Series inverter with remote start. It only has a 1.8 gal tank but ran about 10 hours with the AC running non stop with temps close to 100 and no shade during the Grandson go-kart race day. The remote start is great, I don't have to run out and start it to get the morning coffee brewing.

We were boondocking with the daughter's family & friends a few weeks ago. Me & the wife went to bed and I shut off the generator, my son-in-law thought it died so he checked the fuel and started it again. I was watching and waited until he sat down by the fire then turned it back off, did that a couple more times before he finally gave up. The next morning I told him I was screwing with him!

I bought it from our RV Dealer:
https://shop.trailsiderv.net/product...-gas-generator

I found this one later for less, says it's less watts but same engine specs and manufacture as mine:
https://www.etrailer.com/Camping-and.../333-0003.html
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote