Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #21

By the way, Good Sam's Roadside Assistance can be a bit slow to respond but provides great service. I tried Progressive Insurance Roadside Assistance and it was worthless. If you have a spare and a jack such that you can fix a flat yourself, then they will assist. Good Sam's Roadside Assistance will send someone with a replacement tire (if it is needed), the capability to change the the and the required jack.
BobK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL243 View Post
After enduring salespersons at an RV show, I did another few weeks of research and, after figuring out what was closest to what I was looking for, getting price quotes from a few RV wholesale outfits, etc., I actually ended up working with a salesman at our nearby CW, who was was very courteous, professional, knowledgeable, no pressure, answered all of our questions, IOW, he was one of the best salespersons we've ever dealt with. I went back about a week later, armed with the RV wholesaler quotes, and cut a deal for a couple K under show price levels. It was still about $1500 more than what I could have driven 800 to 1100 miles to go get from a wholesaler, but I had decided, mainly after learning about things on here and other RV sites, that I wanted to buy local if at all possible to get better priority for scheduling warranty and other service work (and I've had a number of warranty things worked on thus far the first year). I'm not exactly thrilled with the service department at this dealership (won't go into all of the details), but the dealership treated me well during the sale, and has been fair and even gone above and beyond on one or two things that needed resolutions. So, all things considered, I've decided I'm about as satisfied with this particular CW as I could expect to ever be with any other particular RV dealership. Sounds like I'm in the minority when it comes to CW experiences, but if so, then lucky me, I guess. For what it's worth.

To be perfectly honest... Our "purchase" experience at CW was not all that awful. Jeff Anderson was a great person to work with, and did a lot to make sure that the purchase experience was pleasant. After dealing with the other departments at CW... that is where our opinion changed.

It was when he handed off the sale of the Seneca - over to the Service Department that actually had responsibility for the rest of the transaction.

I would suggest them in a Purchase only situation... Don't sign the final paper until everything you are expecting is in perfect order... don't expect any service after the sale.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingqueen View Post
Ok if you don’t get parts atCW, where do you go. Just curious.
Amazon, like others have mentioned, but I also compare prices with E-bay. I have found many good deals on E-bay with free shipping.
Tommyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
So we were are the RV show in Minneapolis and went into the CW area and one of the salesmen attached himself to us (there were very few people there on Thursday morning). He asked what unit I had and I informed him of my 2016 377. He then proceeded to tell me the difference in floor boards and started telling me how the other camper was so superior and our floor would separate in 1 year. I then had to firmly correct him telling him my unit is 3 years old and of Jaycos 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. I told him that if he is going to bash his competition then he should get his facts right. We then went into another unit confident that he would not follow us and the salesman in that 5th wheel was telling the folks in there that they would have no problems pulling this 12,500 lb dry weight trailer with their F150! I grabbed my wife and told her we had to go before I got into trouble and this is why we don't deal with Camping World.
I was screwed by Camping World Service on 2 occasions. 1st time I had a blowout while traveling on my 5th wheel. Installed the spare and went to Camping World in that city to get a replacement tire. After I returned home, I discovered they replaced my Load Range E tire with a Load Range C tire. I did not specifically check the Load Range while at CW, I only verified the Make and tire size. 2nd time, my local CW ordered a replacement power switch for my Hot Water Heater. CW Service spec'd the switch and I paid for it before they ordered it. When the switch arrived, it was not the correct switch and they did not want to refund my money because it was a special order item. They ordered it and it was their mistake! I have not been back in to CW and don't ever plan to go there again.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #25

When we were looking for a 212QBW, we found one at CW. Agreed to the price and told them it was a cash deal. Everyone agreed we would do the paperwork on pickup, 3 days later. I arrive 3 days later to do the paperwork and pickup the unit. It was not ready but the finance manager kept trying to get me to go with financing, even though I had the CC I was going to use for the max they allow and my checkbook. After 30 minutes I opened his office door, where there were customers waiting to see units and I told him if he wanted to sell me the unit I wasn't going to finance, he had just wasted 3 hours of my time (2.5 driving and .5 in his office), it was cash + credit card - $3000 and he had 1 hour to have it prepped (which had been going on) finished.

With about a half dozen people staring in, he agreed, asked for my truck keys to have the WD hitch set up and off he went. He came back to complete the paperwork, tried to change the numbers from our agreement and said that was best he could do. I demanded my truck back and I was leaving. He wouldn't get my truck and I called the police. He told them it was a misunderstanding, at which time I played back the recording I had made on my cell phone of his agreeing to the lower price, then upping the price after he took my keys.

The cop asked if I wanted to file a stolen vehicle report, which I said yes and started filling out the report. The SM decided the better part of valor was knock an additional $7500 off the trailer (that was $10,500 less than I agreed to originally), with everything ready within 45 minutes (the cop hung around until I had the truck). My total price for the rig was $8000 ($3000 on 5% rebate CC and $5000 with check).

We had problems that weren't taken care off in prep. Took the unit to another CW with an excellent record on warranty and work to get things straight (hot water heater hard to ignite, TV mount not on dead block (wall panel replaced), dead light over table, etc). Got the unit back in about 10 days after dropping off with everything fixed, including the WD which hadn't be set up correctly.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
When we were looking for a 212QBW, we found one at CW. Agreed to the price and told them it was a cash deal. Everyone agreed we would do the paperwork on pickup, 3 days later. I arrive 3 days later to do the paperwork and pickup the unit. It was not ready but the finance manager kept trying to get me to go with financing, even though I had the CC I was going to use for the max they allow and my checkbook. After 30 minutes I opened his office door, where there were customers waiting to see units and I told him if he wanted to sell me the unit I wasn't going to finance, he had just wasted 3 hours of my time (2.5 driving and .5 in his office), it was cash + credit card - $3000 and he had 1 hour to have it prepped (which had been going on) finished.

With about a half dozen people staring in, he agreed, asked for my truck keys to have the WD hitch set up and off he went. He came back to complete the paperwork, tried to change the numbers from our agreement and said that was best he could do. I demanded my truck back and I was leaving. He wouldn't get my truck and I called the police. He told them it was a misunderstanding, at which time I played back the recording I had made on my cell phone of his agreeing to the lower price, then upping the price after he took my keys.

The cop asked if I wanted to file a stolen vehicle report, which I said yes and started filling out the report. The SM decided the better part of valor was knock an additional $7500 off the trailer (that was $10,500 less than I agreed to originally), with everything ready within 45 minutes (the cop hung around until I had the truck). My total price for the rig was $8000 ($3000 on 5% rebate CC and $5000 with check).

We had problems that weren't taken care off in prep. Took the unit to another CW with an excellent record on warranty and work to get things straight (hot water heater hard to ignite, TV mount not on dead block (wall panel replaced), dead light over table, etc). Got the unit back in about 10 days after dropping off with everything fixed, including the WD which hadn't be set up correctly.
You had a great COP that was on your side!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
You had a great COP that was on your side!
Yep!!! I had a chance to speak with the officer while we were waiting for my truck and the rig. He told me I wasn't the first person who called the police about not being able to get their vehicle back. But I was the first to go ahead and start filling out the formal complaint. And he was impressed I wanted the SM arrested for the theft and held until I had the truck gone over with a fine tooth comb at MY dealer, 2.5 hours away and the earliest appointment was a week later (I called for an appointment and told them no hurry). The SM looked like he saw a ghost at that point. Probably explains the additional money off.

I guess his intimidation methods finally met it's match. I've only been in the CW once and from what I was told, the SM and salesman are no longer there. According to a staff member, apparently some customer called the police on their methods used to turn cash sales and into 15 year finance sales.

I wonder who that could have been???
Old 03-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #28

CW beats all pricing. Sales and service is totally not comparable. As with most RV dealers. Due diligence is required in your service as well as with the purchase. As it has been said over the years. "A fool and he money is soon seperated".

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingva View Post
Camping World CEO said he did not want my business so I do not give it to them.

^^^^this
Old 03-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #30

For source of parts and goodies: I've had good luck with etrailers too.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #31

We have done business with Camping World in Belleville for years. They are super terrific fixing what ails the camper. They are going to check the brakes and bearings in April. I quite frankly will not listen to any nay sayer who puts down CW in any shape nor form until they visit this one. The manager is phenomenal. We buy stuff there, the dogs are nuts for all of them and well, I have a few things to get done on our TT. So go where you might but every time I hear this negative talk? I come in with both guns blazing about CW in Belleville. Gotta check em out.

We got our TT number 2 again from RV General. Had troubles checking out when they started heavy handing us and insisting on us getting a warranty when we did not want the warranty. Period. Also There are mom and pop shops for RVs in Belleville. So if not CW then there are a few others. Otherwise I recommend RV General just watch out for the heaviness of the closing sales staff. Happy Trails.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
We have done business with Camping World in Belleville for years. They are super terrific fixing what ails the camper. They are going to check the brakes and bearings in April. I quite frankly will not listen to any nay sayer who puts down CW in any shape nor form until they visit this one. The manager is phenomenal. We buy stuff there, the dogs are nuts for all of them and well, I have a few things to get done on our TT. So go where you might but every time I hear this negative talk? I come in with both guns blazing about CW in Belleville. Gotta check em out.

We got our TT number 2 again from RV General. Had troubles checking out when they started heavy handing us and insisting on us getting a warranty when we did not want the warranty. Period. Also There are mom and pop shops for RVs in Belleville. So if not CW then there are a few others. Otherwise I recommend RV General just watch out for the heaviness of the closing sales staff. Happy Trails.
I agree there are very good CW out there. My experience is the Flagstaff, AZ and Lake Park, GA (Valdosta, GA) has been outstanding. But the problem is finding these "gems" of service.

A lot of people has had issues with specific CW stores. My issue was with TT sales and their service dept. I'll give just one example of one service unit they need to shut down or revamp. Tech readying unit for delivery installed TV wall mount where there was no dead block (backing board). Instead he used mastic and 1/4 inch screws. I was able to catch the TV before it fell to the floor.

Took the rig to the Lake Park, GA store where the service manager looked at the work order which wasn't signed by tech or service manager. He then went thru the whole unit, found other issues that should have been caught in prep. He took care of all of it (including new wall panel and properly mounting TV wall mount. All in less than 2 weeks. And I will continue to recommend this CW for service.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
On the other hand... dealerships spend a lot of money on shows, and, if the pickings have been poor, they start to get a little anxious.

We turned up on the last day of a small show, "just to look around", and found they were almost giving stuff away, just to make their numbers. Apparently, the company had brought in extra people, so we found ourselves talking to a man from marketing, not sales.. who wasn't quite such a wheeler-dealer.

They offered us an insane trade-in on our old pop-up, sight unseen (in fairness, I did tell them it was old and that i was fed up with repairing it all the time)

Then they offered us completely stupid financing.. so, in the end, we walked away with our current Jayfeather, and a slight feeling of "Did that just happen?"
Wow, blast from the past. You just reminded me of a time when we went to our Credit Union sponsored leased car sale, in tandem with Enterprise rentals. I had a Ford Ranger xtra cab with quite a few miles, though in pretty good shape, KBB rated at maybe $6500. Their lot was quite busy and we got one of the CU tellers who was 'working the lot' since they were short handed. She told us she could offer us $7500 on our trade. I literally had to turn away briefly to hide my glee. I turned back and said, "Well, we were hoping to get closer to $8000."

She agreed and we signed as fast as we could! Love it when the sales people are not available...
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
Yep!!! I had a chance to speak with the officer while we were waiting for my truck and the rig. He told me I wasn't the first person who called the police about not being able to get their vehicle back. But I was the first to go ahead and start filling out the formal complaint. And he was impressed I wanted the SM arrested for the theft and held until I had the truck gone over with a fine tooth comb at MY dealer, 2.5 hours away and the earliest appointment was a week later (I called for an appointment and told them no hurry). The SM looked like he saw a ghost at that point. Probably explains the additional money off.

I guess his intimidation methods finally met it's match. I've only been in the CW once and from what I was told, the SM and salesman are no longer there. According to a staff member, apparently some customer called the police on their methods used to turn cash sales and into 15 year finance sales.

I wonder who that could have been???
Good on ya!
73 from N3kyp

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:31 AM   #35

We were not able to go to the local RV show this year. Last year we went several weeks after DW had a total knee replacement so she didn't go into any of the RVs (except 1 because of the front bathroom design). She was outside of the RVs being shown by CW and heard a lot of complaints about the ones being shown with damage, how could CW bring such RVs to the show, etc. Our local CW closed back in January. We only purchased parts/supplies from them but still when the weather was bad it was okay to go & look at the units.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote