Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #1

Dish network in Jayco 26BH

I've only lasted 2 weeks trying to watch local off the air tv and made the choice to put Dish network here into my new tt. I have dish at home and also previously in our fiver. Jayco does not make it easy to understand or even get to the existing tv wiring but I managed to figure it out this a.m. and now have a wonderful Dish network signal in my tt. the dish receiver also integrates the local off the air channels into the program guide and allows me to see them without paying dish the extra charge. since I am an existing dish customer this only costs me $7 a month after buying the necessary receiver and antenna. We have to have our toys and this will work anywhere in the south east U.S. and probably other places too. I am a happy camper and can go into the install detail for anyone who wants to listen.
THMakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Site Team

We are currently Direct TV customers at home for over 2 years. Our contract is up and we are also considering options.

We have considered DISH but feel no pressure to change yet as many places we camp have cable.

My brain has become like a sieve from all the changes going on in our life right now so I am avoiding taking on anymore for a while.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #3

Norty: I can't seem to figure out how to answer messages to me without blowing my reply away, every time. Would you give me the simple answer to this problem and thank you.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:11 AM   #4

I have managed to blow away an reply to my Dish thing from someone who is having problems getting his sat signal into his unit. Please try again as I am having major senior moments using this forum.....tks
Old 11-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by THMakin View Post
Norty: I can't seem to figure out how to answer messages to me without blowing my reply away, every time. Would you give me the simple answer to this problem and thank you.
Tom, mine was more a comment than a question. I'm happy you figured it out.

My comment was just that the solution you came to is one that many of us ponder as campers and the solutions are many depending on personal needs and preferences.

We have many here who use others experiences, both success and failures, to help them solve their own problems and challenges. That one of the great thing about these type forums.

I'll be following your experiences with the new rig.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by THMakin View Post
I've only lasted 2 weeks trying to watch local off the air tv and made the choice to put Dish network here into my new tt. I have dish at home and also previously in our fiver. Jayco does not make it easy to understand or even get to the existing tv wiring but I managed to figure it out this a.m. and now have a wonderful Dish network signal in my tt. the dish receiver also integrates the local off the air channels into the program guide and allows me to see them without paying dish the extra charge. since I am an existing dish customer this only costs me $7 a month after buying the necessary receiver and antenna. We have to have our toys and this will work anywhere in the south east U.S. and probably other places too. I am a happy camper and can go into the install detail for anyone who wants to listen.
THMakin, I assume you purchased the optional Over-the-Air Tuner from Dish? I have one but have not installed it yet. Also purchased a RF Modulator for my third TV but have not installed it either. Dish is seriously lacking on instructions for these options.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #7

I am also a Dish customer. I have the Wally receiver for $50 month it has all the channels I like! No contract, and you get local channels wherever you go. I love it!!
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
I am also a Dish customer. I have the Wally receiver for $50 month it has all the channels I like! No contract, and you get local channels wherever you go. I love it!!
Are you using the Furrion TV with your Dish receiver? I am also a Dish Network customer who has Dish at my CA and FL homes. I just purchased a 2016 Jayco Grayhawk RV with Furrion TV (hate it so far). Tell me more about the Dish receiver you mentioned. Thanks.
playtuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #9
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtuba View Post
Are you using the Furrion TV with your Dish receiver? I am also a Dish Network customer who has Dish at my CA and FL homes. I just purchased a 2016 Jayco Grayhawk RV with Furrion TV (hate it so far). Tell me more about the Dish receiver you mentioned. Thanks.

There are several options with DISH and a number of threads on this topic including a rather in-depth wiring diagram (see Manuals at the top of the page, and then the Misc section) for the Greyhawk.

For those of us who have DISH at home, there is the option of a Tailgator type system, a receiver for the TV in the rig and $7 a month additional fee.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #10
CAG

A starting place.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ish-83209.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/d...?do=file&id=91

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtuba View Post
Not sure what more you want to know about the receiver? Check out RV to go on dish website, since you have dish at your homes you will only pay $7 a month more to have it in your RV!

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote