Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #1

Dometic Fan-Tastic Fan 7350

I recently replaced our broken bathroom fan with a newer 7350 Fan-Tastic Fan.
I went with the 7350, as that was the model that came with a remote or wall switch operation mode, and the dealer couldn't get a Maxxair 7500 that I really wanted... and still want...but having to do with the Dometic 7350 for now.
Installation was straight forward - fairly easy, instructions were decent. The inside shroud that mounts to the inside ceiling was too short for the roof opening of our RV, out 1/2" so I had to order the larger 6" option from e-Trailer and that worked well but did have to trim a little of the new shroud so it would fit flush.
The remote is bulky where the batteries go, thus when in the wall mounted holder, sticks out quite a bit from the wall. The operation of the fan is straight forward, manual and auto ops. Like the temperature option and the rain sensor ops. However, when taking a shower and the vent is open with the rain sensor on , the vent will close as the humidity from the shower settles on the rain sensor...IF the fan is on, mid speed, then this doesn't happen often, so often I open the vent and turn the rain sensor off. I did add the Dometic vent cover, that works well with this fan although the vent lid does slightly push the vent cover up when fully extended - I am looking at limiting the lid lift movement so that it does not travel the entire open position, but still studying how best to do this.
The biggest issue I have with this Fan is the default start up speed is 100% ... and I can't find a way to change the default ... reason I particularly do not like this is with this fan 100% or highest speed is like a tornado, noise wise, very load and to be that fast....would like for the default to be lowest speed, or ability to set the default startup speed. I sent Dometic this question and will see what they say, but after looking at the remote board and the fan control board, don't see where you can manually change this.
Has anyone with this fan been able to figure out how to change the default start up speed?
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
CAG

Thanks for the info:

There are a number of threads on these fans and bathroom fan replacement. It has/had become a pretty hot topic (no pun intended) especially for those of us who have petite wives who struggled with trying to open/close and start the bath fans. On top of that many of the installed bath fans sounded a lot like a turboprop in reverse thrust.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote