Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2023, 07:05 AM   #1

Flagpole ladder mount

Hey
Just got my 284BHS and got a strong ladder on the back and I’d like to get a strong flagpole ladder mount any good suggestions…I’m seeing the flagpole buddy coming up a lot. I wasn’t able to figure out how to fly a flagpole off my hybrid trailer and I just want to get this done right the first time. Thanks for any help or info.
Metalmike57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 07:23 AM   #2

I had a flag mounted to my ladder years ago but didn't like the stress it created during windy days. I fabricated a flat plate with a piece of pipe welded to it that I set in place under my trailer tongue that supports a full 20 foot expandable flagpole. You can buy the same thing I made, I just had the material laying around my shop to make one.

The picture here is just one I found from Amazon. The one I made has a much longer piece of pipe to support the pole.

I like this much better than a ladder mounted flagpole holder because it's sturdier and because my flags are in front of my camper instead of behind.

If you do want ladder mounted flagpole buddy is a decent product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230311_081431_Brave.jpg (76.7 KB, 22 views)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 09:09 AM   #3

I’ve had my flagpole buddy for close to 12 yrs. I used 3M auto adhesive tape and stuck the mounts to our hybrid and removed them when we upgraded to our 5th. They are now attached to the ladder and have served well there for close to 10 years. In fact a few years back a storm broke my “buddy” flagpole and I had to replace it, the mounts were fine.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote