Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #1

Furrion wireless observation system

I installed this Furrion camera system on my 2018 eagle HT today, my 5th wheel was pre wired and the instructions says just plug it in and screw it onto the existing bracket and good to go. well we all know how things like that go but to my surprise, I did as instructed and then plugged the monitor into my truck turned the lights on and instant rear view picture. worked perfect and did not have to adjust anything. hardest part was finding a good location in the cab for the monitor. it's great when things work as there supposed to.
brokenoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #2

I have one also - wouldn't leave home without it!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenoaks View Post
I installed this Furrion camera system on my 2018 eagle HT today, my 5th wheel was pre wired and the instructions says just plug it in and screw it onto the existing bracket and good to go. well we all know how things like that go but to my surprise, I did as instructed and then plugged the monitor into my truck turned the lights on and instant rear view picture. worked perfect and did not have to adjust anything. hardest part was finding a good location in the cab for the monitor. it's great when things work as there supposed to.
After one camping trip I have found the the monitor image is too dim in bright light. Have you had this problem or do I likely have a bad monitor?
Lafayettemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:19 PM   #4

Asking again, has anyone considered the Furrion 5" observation camera image too dim? Mine is quite dim compared to our multiple GPS's for instance. Yes, I have settings on max brightness and the camera is clean. Thanks
Old 12-31-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

Seems odd. I actually have to opposite issue. It’s fine by day, but at night the image is too bright. Only choice is auto dim on or off. No fine tuning. Maybe you’re having an issue with the auto dim feature.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #6

Mines seem to be working pretty good, I know that you can go to the setting and change a lot of the stuff and this is with my old eyes, lol.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #7

I'd agree that it seems pretty dark to me.

Of course in my case part of the problem could be that I'm wearing prescription sunglasses that don't have the near vision correction.

I have much more of an issue trying to keep a connection. The first 30 minutes or so of travel is a constant plug/unplug/plug cycle of the monitor before the connection finally seems to stabilize and then it usually will stay connected after that.

That's my biggest complaint on this system. Aside from the fact that I should have spent more money for a bigger monitor in the first place

2017 Shasta 18FQ (traded in)
2015 Quicksilver 10.0 (sold)

Not all who wander are lost.
kweinert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:59 AM   #8

Lafayettemo, I also have the 2019 Jay Flight 24 RBS and am considering installing the Furrion Observation Camera. My question is, is the prewired mount wired to the backup lights or the tail lights. I want the camera to be on full time when I have the lights on, not just when I am backing up. How was yours wired?
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
Lafayettemo, I also have the 2019 Jay Flight 24 RBS and am considering installing the Furrion Observation Camera. My question is, is the prewired mount wired to the backup lights or the tail lights. I want the camera to be on full time when I have the lights on, not just when I am backing up. How was yours wired?
Should be wired to the tail lights.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:45 AM   #10

Is there an easy way to check that? I don’t want to buy the system if it only works as a backup camera. I want it to better monitor the traffic behind me while on the road.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Is there an easy way to check that? I don’t want to buy the system if it only works as a backup camera. I want it to better monitor the traffic behind me while on the road.
They are all wired that way from the factory. There is also an alternate wiring method that uses a switch in the bedroom that you can turn the camera on and use the monitor inside the TT as a security camera. When wired that way, you don't need your TV lights on for it to operate.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camera Instructions.pdf (578.5 KB, 23 views)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #12

Quote:
The camera wiring is activated with the tail lights. The installation with the camera base that was installed at the factory is straight forward. The camera is very helpful when backing EXCEPT that it does not display overhead limbs or other obstructions that could damage the roof when backing (due to the position of the camera lower than the roof line); so you need to get out and check for low obstructions before backing.

The camera and monitor maintain contact per my experience (others report on some brand cameras this is not the case) but it is important to note that the image you see occured a second or two before it is displayed it seems. I believe there is some delay between the image capture and image display. Overall, I am happy with the result except as I stated, the monitor (5") is dimmer than I would prefer.

Let us know if your monitor image is sufficiently bright. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #13

Quote:
I agree, it will be wired to the tail lights.

As for monitoring traffic, with the 5" monitor I find it helpful; but a little difficult to check traffic behind me. Others report they do use the observation camera to check behind while driving. Possibly the largest monitor would be a better choice for this; but it would take more space too, a potential negative.