Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #1

Fusion BBT-600 Radio

Anyone experience issues with the Fusion BBT-600 / Garmin Entertainment system? I have a 2018 Melbourne 24K and have about 18,000 miles on it since new. We have had problems with the system, when we picked it up we couldn't shut it off. After an hour or so of trying it finally just shut off. After about 6 or 7 hours of driving it we experience the map feature changes pages without input from us, driving down the freeway (interstate 5) I had a message that I was too heavy for the road I was on and to exit.. I plug in my ipad to the USB port and it plays music for a few minutes then I lose connection. I have also experienced (after a few hours of driving) a message that the face plate is no longer connected to the radio and I lose control of the system. At the dealer it worked fine but of course they didn't take a multi hour trip with it either. I am going to send a message to Fusion about it but checking to see if this is unique to us or a problem with the unit.
jwheibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you... unfortunately, it isn't me.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:59 AM   #3

Give Garmin support a call at 800-253-5081. I was having problems with mine and they walked me through some troubleshooting and decided I had a bad base unit. Had it replaced last week at the Jayco factory along with some other warranty work. It's working fine now.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #4

our is 1 year old < 2000 miles , and it is dead, Garmin suggested a trip to Jayco to replace it .
Laycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #5

Have you updated the software in the remote and hub unit? This has solved issues for me and others along with map updates. Current versions are v3.10 (remote) and v3.20 (hub). They need to be done separately, make sure you do the hub first. If the hub is an older version, it must be updated before the remote.

Instructions are here https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...17B6A6C73.html

FYI: Appears Jayco is no longer using Garmin, they are installing the Soundstream Infotainment Dash Radio w/ GPS & CD/DVD Player on 2019 Class A/C's.
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #6

I will give this a try. Thanks!
jwheibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #7

I have a one week old Precept with RV-BBT601 and after using turn signals, the camera view does not go back to rear camera, but instead goes to main menu. I have to manually press camera again to active rear camera, after EACH turn signal use! I have been dealing with Garmin and Jayco and Garmin says it is normal!!??? Jayco thinks it may be a bad camera switching box. No wonder Jayco dropped Garmin....

Separately, but as related issue, I bought my Precept at a dealer 500 miles away and spent 2-1/2 days at the dealer fixing warranty issues. I still have a long list of items, which I will have do address with dealer closer to me....
Nebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #8

Don’t use the USB port!

I could take all evening describing my Garmin journey, but it’s this simple; don’t plug your phone or iPad into the dash USB port! Mine is performing flawlessly once I stopped plugging in. Try it and let us know.
Fmaylett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #9

Don’t plug in USB!

That is exactly what I figured out after months of it being reset. I reset it one more time and had read about USB. So ever since I haven’t used the USB to charge anything I have not had any problems.
JasmithNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #10

I plug our apple devices into it all the time with no problems at all. The port really isnt for charging, its to connect music to the dash unit. Every update things get better and now that I sat down and took the time to learn the unit using videos and manuals we like ours. Here is video 1, there are 10 total.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #11
RPR

I had issues when first bought our Jayco. Did the updates exactly as the directions on the web site instructed and so far it is working fine. Update took a while to down load due to program on the unit was a couple of updates behind. Installed micro sim in the slot to up the storage capacity to handle all the maps update needed to down load.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #12

Latest updates fix rear camera issue after using turn signals/side cameras...now goes back to the previous screen you were on, so if on rear camera, goes back there after turn signal, if on navigation, goes back there after turn signal. Finally fixed this PITA issue!

Two updates out there, one for base unit, one for remote.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB54 View Post
Latest updates fix rear camera issue after using turn signals/side cameras...now goes back to the previous screen you were on, so if on rear camera, goes back there after turn signal, if on navigation, goes back there after turn signal. Finally fixed this PITA issue!

Two updates out there, one for base unit, one for remote.
I just updated mine last night, hadn’t read or tried on what this update did, thanks for the info.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #14

Just to clarify. . .

The otherwise unlabeled USB port that presents itself as a charging location is actually the port to update the dock? If not, where is that port? The other update is easy.

Also, for those of you who keep up with the updates, could you post the current versions for each piece of hardware?

The Fusion in my Melbourne went off the rails last summer while I was on the road, and I couldn't get any ideas on how to fix it. Brought it back to the dealer, service said they flipped it on, and it was working fine, or at least there was sound coming out of it.

Checked on it today, and discovered both right side speakers are the only ones working at the moment, and they both respond only to the Front Zone controls. Topic for another day.

I am now theorizing that we hosed the Garmin by using the unlabeled USB port to charge my son's iPad since it was also the only USB that worked while driving, and that was strong enough to charge an iPad.

Just my $.02.
phillydrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydrj View Post
The otherwise unlabeled USB port that presents itself as a charging location is actually the port to update the dock? If not, where is that port? The other update is easy.

Also, for those of you who keep up with the updates, could you post the current versions for each piece of hardware?

The Fusion in my Melbourne went off the rails last summer while I was on the road, and I couldn't get any ideas on how to fix it. Brought it back to the dealer, service said they flipped it on, and it was working fine, or at least there was sound coming out of it.

Checked on it today, and discovered both right side speakers are the only ones working at the moment, and they both respond only to the Front Zone controls. Topic for another day.

I am now theorizing that we hosed the Garmin by using the unlabeled USB port to charge my son's iPad since it was also the only USB that worked while driving, and that was strong enough to charge an iPad.

Just my $.02.

The USB port that is mounted separately is the one used to update the dock but it can also be used to charge devices and connect with the Garmin to play music off the device so I dont think anything was from plugging your sons phone it. It could be as simple as a loose wite on the back as I have been inside my dash and can tell you its a rats nest and some of the connections look like they were done by a 6 year old kid.

Right now I am at 3.30 on the tablet and 3.10 on the dock but as I was checking my current version on Garmin Express I discovered there are new updates for both the Tablet and Dock and 3.40 is the most current for both the tablet and the dock so it looks like I need to update tomorrow

Old 03-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #16

Latest Garmin updates are versions 3.4. Very Important - you need to update the hub FIRST using the USB port (use a memory stick, Garmin Express on your computer and download HUB software update first). Go to your RV turn on Garmin, plug in the stick into the USB port, press Music->Settings->Update. Choose your Garmin model and press. Let it update (takes a few minutes) and unit will turn off and then on. Take our your portable display portion and go to your comparer to update. Same deal using Gamin Express. You need to follow each direction carefully as they are not all intuitive.

My docking station is temperamental; I have to press the on button several times before it wakes up and then the speakers are off. I then turn it off and on, and then they work. Go figure! I think I'll just live with it.

As far as cameras, I installed a bigger dedicated display just for cameras and it works great (so far!). Good luck.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #17

You can always try resetting the unit back to factory settings and then do the updates. Please see my other post where you need to update the docking station first before updating the remote - very important.
Old 07-28-2020, 02:14 PM   #18

Need help

Hi My remote unit is not charging. I changed batteries but that was not the problem. Anyone else have that problem

Thanks
Dale
Dafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:19 PM   #19

Do u do the updates over the air? Or take the docked portion into the house and plug it into a computer?

How do u update the main docking portion?
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:13 PM   #20

You need to download Garmin Express first. Then using Garmin Express you first update the Tablet but connecting it to your computer and running Garmin Express. Then you will set up a USB stick and using a Garmin Express, it will make an update file on the stick that you take out and update the Dock with. The instructions and links are all here.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...B91253BCA.html