Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #1

Smile Gardner Bender volt meter

I need a new volt meter and considering a Gardner Bender GDT 3190 that I can get at my local hardware store for $21.05 as they agreed to match Amazon's price. Does any one have one and if so, how do you like it. Does any one have any other recommendations? I always have found the advice given here to of great value in making my camper related purchases so thanks in advance.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet & Marie View Post
I need a new volt meter and considering a Gardner Bender GDT 3190 that I can get at my local hardware store for $21.05 as they agreed to match Amazon's price. Does any one have one and if so, how do you like it. Does any one have any other recommendations? I always have found the advice given here to of great value in making my camper related purchases so thanks in advance.
They work well, if a meter is what your looking for. If you want to check on your rigs electrical system I would suggest an Progressive EMS with remote read, gives you more information continuously and will cut power if needed, even when your not there.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
They work well, if a meter is what your looking for. If you want to check on your rigs electrical system I would suggest an Progressive EMS with remote read, gives you more information continuously and will cut power if needed, even when your not there.
Thanks Waggs I have a Surge Protector EMS but I use my voltmeter when using my solar panels. I do not trust the battery indicator in the TT any more than I trust the readings for the black or grey water tanks.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #4

I have a similar one from that company. Have had it for several years and it works fine for what I need.

When you use it, try to make sure there's someone watching. When they see you probing things with the little wires, and looking at the gauge, they'll think you're handy.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
Site Team

I have several vom's but like my little Fluke best be cause you don't have to select an input.

It recognizes ac, dc or resistance resulting in less sparks.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
I have a similar one from that company. Have had it for several years and it works fine for what I need.

When you use it, try to make sure there's someone watching. When they see you probing things with the little wires, and looking at the gauge, they'll think you're handy.
Been down the handy road before Simese. I like to putter on little fix it projects while In the .camp ground which usually ends up with somebody wandering by, seeing what I am doing and asking if I could help them with a major plumbing, electrical, or other repair job on their much neglected unit. DW says I should run a RV repair business out our TT.