Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #1

Portable CD player for my E-450 chassis motorhome?

I have a 2021 Entegra (Class C) motorhome on a Ford E-450 chassis for travel. Previously we had become accustomed to listening to audiobooks when driving, but the "infotainment" system that is installed in this vehicle does not have a CD player. Has anyone found a portable CD player that they can plug into the system (which has USB ports) such that the audio plays through the vehicle's speakers, and (hopefully) is also receiving power (as opposed to the player running on batteries? I've been wading through Amazon and am having some difficulty being able to tell what's what. Some do mention connecting via USB but I can't tell if it's for power or to play audio. Using headphones is obviously not an option. Thanks for any help you can provide !
Xasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasa View Post
I have a 2021 Entegra (Class C) motorhome on a Ford E-450 chassis for travel. Previously we had become accustomed to listening to audiobooks when driving, but the "infotainment" system that is installed in this vehicle does not have a CD player. Has anyone found a portable CD player that they can plug into the system (which has USB ports) such that the audio plays through the vehicle's speakers, and (hopefully) is also receiving power (as opposed to the player running on batteries? I've been wading through Amazon and am having some difficulty being able to tell what's what. Some do mention connecting via USB but I can't tell if it's for power or to play audio. Using headphones is obviously not an option. Thanks for any help you can provide !

CD Players have gone the way of cassette tapes and on top of that they are unstable in bumpy environments.

You are better off with your phone, an Ipad, or a tablet plugged into the USB for power and the Kindle App. or something similar but Kindle is good. You can bluetooth through the speakers in you want but you will need a system in the vehicle that will allow bluetooth and most of today's headunits do. Even just a set of portable bluetooth speakers will do what you need to do.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:23 PM   #3
Site Team

They are not real common anymore. But, there are a few still available online. Here are a few links.
https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Produc...a-898965313623
https://www.target.com/p/jensen-cd-6...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

And I believe (I reserve the right to be wrong) that this adapter will allow you to use the USB input on your system from the portable player headphone output.
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Exter...00IRVQ0F8&th=1
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #4

Ya mean these things don't come with the cassette player adapter anymore?
My daughter got me a Bluetooth speaker earlier this year. Should have done that a long time ago.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:33 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback. CAG, I will have to concede that your points are correct and valid; my local library just has a ton of CD audiobooks and it has been so easy to just check out a few before we would hit the road. I know I can get these downloaded via a few different apps; it's just the easy and familiar that appeals, I guess.

Moon, I will check out your links. Plus I think I actually have a portable bluetooth speaker laying around somewhere - something I got as a promotional gift.
Xasa is offline   Reply With Quote