Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2021, 11:10 AM   #1

Portable power station, Bluetti AC200P?

After much contemplation, I’ve decided to purchase a portable power station, (also called solar generator), instead of installing a complete solar system to only remove it or sell it with my rig in 2 years when we trade up.

Has anyone had any experience with them? I’m particularly looking at the Bluetti AC200P and the new Pecron q300S.

I would like to plug my 30amp/15amp shore power right in to the inverter, which will give me between 87-90% of the battery due to inverter Inefficiencies. It Will only be used for 1-2 nights of dry camping. Will be using any LP appliances on LP and my average AH is just under 200 AH, and that’s without conservation, so I’m sure we can get that way down. And I don’t intend to Run my AC, just LP furnace, which needs power for the blower motor, water pump, TV snd router.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:38 AM   #2

I'm looking at getting the Bluetti AC200Max. Did you make the purchase, if so how do you like it?

2017 Redhawk 29XK
blaxit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 11:28 AM   #3

FWIW I purchased the Anker Powerhouse 757. It does not have a RV receptacle on it.

I bought it for the 5 year warranty, the Lithium chemistry (3000+ charges to 80%), and the REALLY good build quality of the unit. Also charges back up off houshold current in 1.5 hours from 0. Its only got 1200+ wh of battery in it, but for my use case I'm fine w/ it as I have a portable generator to bring it back up in short time.

I bought it to use during power emergencies for my home. I can directly plug it into a GenTran transfer switch to power my furnace overnight if needed w/o worrying about the generator in the wee hours of the morning. I can also move it around the house to power specific things that my main generator isn't wired to (different transfer switch). The fact that it charges up so quickly made the relatively small battery capacity a non-issue for my use.

For powering my DirectTV receiver and TV, running a light, and charging some devices it'll go for hours. Good enough for me, I turn in around 10-11PM anyway. I'll top it off in the morning when I kick over the Honda EM6500 to get the fridges, well pump, hot water, etc. running again.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #4

I purchased the older Pecron Q3000S, it has a whopping 3,024 WH, but charges very slow and doesn’t accept much solar but I can dry camp off it for 4-5 days or more if we conserve. (No AC of course)

It’s a simple display, on/off button, Oldschool LED display, a built in a metal case has a built in handcart, I like it.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote