Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #1

Smartrvproducts Fridge Fix

This is a fridge fan that actually does some good in these Norcold absorption fridges. It attaches to the top of the fridge, recircs air through the fins, and down the back of the fridge. Picks up power from behind the fridge by running a wire down the drain tube. It moves a lot of air, keeps the fins from frosting up, and restores the temperature of the fridge quickly after you've been rooting around in it getting stuff out for dinner. I've tried a lot of different methods of moving air in the fridge and this is hands down the best one. Downsides are that it's very expensive ($125) and is just a bit noisy. I'm sitting directly across from the fridge right now and can hear it. Not loud, mind you, but I can hear it. As for the price, I guess that's what you get when you buy something that's assembled in the USA.

Be aware that these fridges shut off every two days to melt the frost off the fins. Using this device, you don't need to warm the fridge up to melt the frost. Personally I turn the fridge off every day for just a few seconds to keep it from auto defrosting. In auto defrost mode it stays off long enough to really warm up the fridge and can take a looooong time to cool back down once it's warmed up.

https://smartrvproducts.com/
Old 05-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

We had one in our norcold before putting a residential in. It worked well for even cooling. I did the same as you in turning on/off every day. Our fridge fix fan is being sold to another lucky forum member shortly just because we'll never have anything but a residential fridge from here on. Don't need it, so figured I'd help somebody else out. I've spoke with the guy that owns / started that company. Very good people and family owned business.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:14 PM   #3

I'm glad you found the product worthwhile. I can't wait to try mine out soon !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote