Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #1

“The Rock” Stabilizer on Eagle HT

I was chasing a problem in our trailer, rocking and rolling, especially when I would kick the recliner closed, it would shake the whole trailer and drive the DW nuts. I saw the JT Strong arm and Steady Fast systems online. An HT has the spare mounted to the frame in the front between the 2 front landing legs. This prevents the installation of these stabilizers in the front for side to side movement. This is also under the bed in my model. I saw “The Rock” mentioned in another thread and started to do some research. It appears to have been around for a few years. The design looked solid and met my requirements of not having to move the spare. I made contact with Jim through the link provided below. He has 3 different variants ranging from $100 to $300 plus shipping. He is going to ask you for your make and model to determine which version is best suited for you. The difference is a lite, medium and heavy versions. He recommended the heavy for me because I have 3 slides. So I ordered a set. While I waited for delivery I also ordered a set of Snap Pads.

When they arrived I noticed that one set was a bit longer than the other.
Asked the question via email and he got right back to me. This is for an uneven campsite and he supplies enough chain to make adjustments. Quality product and stout design.

Just got back from our trial run. OMG what a difference. I did not use the pinbox, but did use the X-Chokes and had installed the Snap Pads. Hardly any movement at all. The next morning we got up and noticed a slight jiggle, I just tightened up the X-Chokes now that the tires had cooled off, jiggle gone. The DW is ecstatic. Happy wife happy life.

One install note, I had to use a small 1” thick wood block in one location due to the way the trailer was assembled. Pic attached.

So I am a happy camper with “The Rock”, X-Chocks and Snap Pads. That cumbersome pinbox stabilizer is going into the garage. I also put landing pads under “The Rock” landing points to give it a larger footprint. If you have a light 5er and need to stabilize it you can’t go wrong with this setup. I can’t see how it wouldn’t work on any trailer type the needs stabilizing.

http://www.therockrvstabilizer.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9204F43-1AA1-45D9-967C-5385FF8CBF98.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	56986

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:10 PM   #2

Update

So Jim sent me another set of brackets that didn’t need to get shimmed with a wood block in the front of the trailer. I didn’t even ask for them, he asked for a couple dimensions and sent me a new set. With the quality of product, service provided and the communication I can’t recommend him enough. A couple of new pics below. Click image for larger version

Name:	5117DB5F-75D3-4BD2-8C7C-CAF644E9DFE4.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	58365

Click image for larger version

Name:	08C953B6-5B52-4F23-9884-BE47C4C83ECA.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	58366

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 05-02-2020, 08:52 PM   #3

Nice, I look at this before I decided to go the the JT StrongArm but I haven't went camping in it yet I install them last year.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #4
Site Team

That bracket looks much better. Nice job on both you and the company.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #5

thank's for the information Nathan s, I was going with the jt Armstrong and forget that my spare tire was hanging in the front center of the frame, before I read your thread, I will look for your set-up. thank again.

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:02 PM   #6

hi Nathan s. , where did you order the set of rock stabilizers.

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:48 PM   #7

I have been using these for about a year now and love them. They work better on concrete vs dirt. But I have found that putting some blocks under them when your on gravel or dirt works very well. I also check the x-chokes and rock stabilizers after the trailer has set for the night after initial set up and the tires have had a chance to cool off. Tighten everything up and I’m good for the week.

The link to Jim’s site is posted in a previous reply. He is extremely accommodating and will work through any issues you have. You will not regret purchasing these, the better half never complains, That’s a good thing!

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC