Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Rosie the RiVeter

Registry
RV Name Rosie the RiVeter
Year 2013
Make Jayco
Model Eagle 314BDS
2013 Jayco Eagle 314BDS
Exterior
The stairs for the main door are a death trap for me every time my dog pulls me when I am taking her out to go potty. I will be building some type of porch landing with stairs that I can easily take apart to take with me.

Interior
MASTER BEDROOM-
I removed overhead storage and RV short queen mattress in bedroom. It was soooo uncomfortable! I rebuilt the base with additional storage to put regular queen mattress in going sideways in the corner. Bed is now 40" high so I built steps with storage on the foot of the bed to get into bed. There is a lot more storage in the bedroom now and great night sleeps with a good mattress.

LIVING ROOM-
Closed off one of the bedroom doors to extend the entertainment center. Removed 32" TV and added a 65" TV. It's like a theater in there now!!! It is awesome! I also added an electric fireplace with heats up the entire camper without having to use my propane heater.

Removed dinette set. Temporarily moved and turned the couch to the wall where the dinette set was so you can watch the TV better now. I can't move the slide in without turning the couch back to the direction it was in the slide, but that's okay for now being I am staying at the current RV park for awhile. I will be replacing the couch with a modular sectional couch with storage or a sleeper.

KITCHEN-
I will be removing the oven and stove. I will add a new countertop because I hate not having counter space. I have a Gourmia Digital French Door Air Fryer Toaster Oven that I will put on a slide out where the oven currently is.

BUNK ROOM-
I removed the J Cube and bunk that was above it. I added black metal pipes attached the floor, side wall of slide out, and back wall of slide out to create a sturdy place to hang clothes. I added some storage and a vanity desk in the slide out. I added an adjustable rod that goes the entire length of the slide out with a curtain to close that area off a little.

Renovations and Repairs
I am not a fan of the brown color scheme. I am changing it to white, black, 50 shades of gray, and small pops of color. I am adding new flooring throughout, painting cabinets and adding new wallpaper.
Comments: 0 / Views: 247