Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #1

05 Eagle 325BHS issues

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums, and new to RV-ing, and my wife and I just bought an 05 Eagle 325BHS. The party we purchased from used the trailer as a cabin (never towed it in three years) and after a couple of local trips, I have discovered some issues that I was hoping to solve here. They are:

1. The bedroom slide has a gap at the top when fully opened. So much so that I can see daylight from under the seal. The bottom edges of the slide are tight ot the wall. Is there any method of adjusting the top that can be done in my driveway?

2. The Atwood oven refues to work. No gas, no ignition spark. I removed the knob as has been suggested elsewhere, but still no gas flow or spark. The stovetop works fine, though, as do all the other gas appliances.

I'm pretty handy when it comes to basic mechanics but I've never tackled any RV issues so I'm a little leery of jumping into these projects without some more knowledge. I appreciate all the help, thanks.

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" - Oscar Wilde
T2Load is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #2

First, welcome to the Forum T2LOAD.

Is your oven one that requires that you push in and hold the oven knob to light the pilot? If so, it takes 15-30 seconds of holding the knob in after ignition to allow the flame to heat a thermocouple attached to the valve that controls the oven gas supply.

Since you have no ignition spark, can you push in and hold the oven knob while using a long-barreled butane lighter to light the pilot?

If there is no gas getting to the oven pilot even when the knob is pushed in, someone else will need to suggest a way to troubleshoot/fix the problem.

My wife and I always ignite the stove top burners for a few seconds before trying to light the pilot on our oven. Sometimes air has gotten into the propane supply line and it takes a few seconds to clear the lines of air and obtain a propane supply. However, once we have verified that the stove burners will burn, we are confident that the oven will have propane, too. Never had a situation where the stove burners were getting propane but the oven was not.

Best of luck with the oven and with your new-to-you trailer!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #3

Welcome T2Load ,

I'm with Texas Sam by trying to push the knob in at pilot setting. I have not seen an oven with spark lighting. They use a pilot light with a heat antisaptor. (not sure of the spelling) The pilot light makes micro electricity to turn on the controler. If the pilot light you must hold the knob in for 1 min. Some times your can clean the pilot and antisaptor with steel wool. Try to change out the heat antisaptor first you might try a home store like Lowes. Bring the old unit with you to compair.
My dealer just changed my oven controler on my trailer and mine is a new unit so it can happen to any unit.

Good Luck and Welcome to the fourm.
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum T2Load! You are in good hands here as there are some very knowlegable folks here who can offer suggestions to your concerns. Good luck and have fun with the new Jayco!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #5

You guys were right about the no-spark, that's only for the stove-top, and all three of those burners work fine. However, it does have the function wherein it requires you to turn in and push at the pilot light setting. I did that, repeatedly. Even left it on for quite some time (~3 minutes) and never did smell any propane, all the while pushing in with everything I had on that goofy knob. Yogi, I will take the oven apart and take the parts to try to find replacements. I appreciate all the help, folks. Now, on to the slide adjustment...

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" - Oscar Wilde
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2Load View Post
You guys were right about the no-spark, that's only for the stove-top, and all three of those burners work fine. However, it does have the function wherein it requires you to turn in and push at the pilot light setting. I did that, repeatedly. Even left it on for quite some time (~3 minutes) and never did smell any propane, all the while pushing in with everything I had on that goofy knob. Yogi, I will take the oven apart and take the parts to try to find replacements. I appreciate all the help, folks. Now, on to the slide adjustment...
Just making sure before you take it apart... While pushing in the knob at the pilot setting, you are holding a flame to the thermocouple down there, yes? If you're handy with a multimeter (I'm not), you can make sure that the tc is getting voltage it needs to work.

Can't help you on the slide problem. Sounds like either the slide is pulling down when it's out or the seal on top is bad. With the main part of the unit level, is the slide level when fully deployed?

Good luck!

B
Merlinspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #7

Here is a link to the repair manual for slide out rooms manufactured by Lippert: http://www.aerocoachinc.com/scripts/...get.php?id=366

Page 9 has instructions for adjusting the slide out room and subsequent pages have diagrams showing the specific bolts that need to be adjusted.

Don't know who makes the slide out rooms for Jayco but the Lippert repair manual illustrations look a lot like what I see on my Jayco.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #8

Sam, thank you for the link, I'll take a look after work today and see if it resembles my rig. Hopefully, it's something I can do. And yes, the trailer is level when deploying slides.
As for the oven, I did use a BBQ flame lighter to attempt to get the oven to light off. No dice. Back to the guessing board.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #9

I too had problems starting my pilot light on my oven and it turned out that I was not pushing or holding the knob in long enough. I finally got it to work. I wish this one had the auto spark like the top burners have.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote