Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Question '10 Designer 35RLTS Cover Recommendations?

Hi All...So our newly-purchased 2010 Designer (35RLTS) does not fit into our barn, so unfortunately we will have to store it outside for this winter.

Any recommendations on covers? I'm wondering if anyone out there has a cover on theirs.

The hubby has already "recommended" putting up a new building. I told him we'd have to sell the 5th wheel to pay for it.

Is a "custom" cover really as custom as they claim? Camping World offers these.

Gone but not forgotten:
2010 Designer 35RLTS and
2002 Dodge Ram Dually, Cummins Diesel
JaybirdDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #2

We have the same trailer and cover it religiously. We just bought a new ADCO cover from Camping World. It has stylish stripes on the sides. You can also get it thru your dealer or online. It looks great. As for the fit you will probably have to order the biggest one they have. It's on sale right now and I think it cost me $450 plus tax. Your trailer is just above the threshold for the next size down. Even though it says "35RLTS" if you measure it from the absolute front of the cap edge near the hitch to the back bumper including the ladder it's 37'. The cover ends up being a little big on length, but it's way safer to be a little big than too short. You will get tears and rips with the wind if it's too tight. Snug it up with the straps but do not overly tighten. I used short pieces of a foam swimming noodle with duct tape to hold it on, covering the 4 gutter drip extensions, and also to cover the door bumper thing that sticks out. Thats about the only obvious sharp areas I could find. I didn't want to punch holes thru the cover. Many people say you don't need a cover, but I'm a firm believer of putting on another layer of protection especially on the roof. We live in the Northeast and we have all the snow pack and slush when it melts. Protect your investment! Dealers don't use them because they're not going to own them for several years, and/or it would be cost prohibitive. Most people who say you don't need them probably don't want to dole out the extra cash. If they got a free cover with the purchase of their trailer trust me, they'd have it covered. Good luck!
Texas79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Sure would be nice if it could be modified to accommodate the new rig. I had to raise my pole shed 12 inches to get the new rig under it but it was worth the effort.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #4

I have the same 5'er as the OP, but since I live in it full time I can't cover it. I do clean and treat the roof twice a year. Now I just need to get busy with my vacuum inside.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote