Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Yup, you're right. And the folks that stick a flasher into it, so their light blink. I thought that might be handy if you're waiting for the cops, or ambulance to arrive.

Yet another thing to try to remember when diagnosing truck or trailer issues.

Thanks!
I rigged up a switch awhile back when I made a mount for the flag on front. I wanted a light I could turn on at night to light the flag. I used a DPDT switch with center off so I can just turn on the flag light or turn on the marker lights and flag light together. That's why my truck wasn't hooked up when I did the walk around.

My wife had knee surgery July 3rd which has had us grounded for awhile. She will hopefully get released from the doc on the 20th and be done with physical therapy so we can go somewhere. We went once back in early June and had a 4 day trip planned the last week of June when the doc's office called with the surgery date and she had to go in for some pre surgery tests when our trip was planned so we cancelled our reservations. Anyway , in anticipation of getting back on the road I've been checking things over and glad I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Flag and light.jpg   Flag light switch.jpg   Flag light switch 2.jpg  
KWDAILYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #22
Site Team

That's a trick setup. And I thought I puttered with stuff a lot.

I hope your wife feels better very soon. I've had to do the PT thing twice, and it's no fun at all. First time was a shattered wrist in 2016...two days before a trip. The DW thought we were done, but I convinced her I could become a "lefty", and still go. Last year was a broken back, but in winter. I can relate.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
That's a trick setup. And I thought I puttered with stuff a lot.

I hope your wife feels better very soon. I've had to do the PT thing twice, and it's no fun at all. First time was a shattered wrist in 2016...two days before a trip. The DW thought we were done, but I convinced her I could become a "lefty", and still go. Last year was a broken back, but in winter. I can relate.
Wow, shattered wrist and broken back. Glad you came through OK.

This is not the kind of contest I want to win as far as comparing surgeries but I've had my share also Starting in 2009 with two heart procedures 13 weeks apart. The second one was triple bypass. Double hernia surgery in 2013. Cervical spine surgery in 2014. 2015 Right shoulder open incision rotator cuff repair. 2016 left shoulder open incision rotator cuff repair. 2018 right knee meniscus tear scope. So far 2019 I've managed to stay fairly healthy.

I retired in Sept. 2010 and as you can see things have been getting in the way of us fulfilling our retirement plans.

Yes, I love to tinker. I'm happiest and most relaxed doing something I enjoy.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 PM   #24
Site Team

Sounds like YOU'VE been keeping the PT industry alive, all by yourself! Holy crap.

Well, now that you've gotten all that fixed, you're good for a very long time. Get the wife back up to par, and enjoy the retirement. Like I tell mine, It's GOT to get better!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWDAILYD View Post
I rigged up a switch awhile back when I made a mount for the flag on front. I wanted a light I could turn on at night to light the flag. I used a DPDT switch with center off so I can just turn on the flag light or turn on the marker lights and flag light together. That's why my truck wasn't hooked up when I did the walk around.

My wife had knee surgery July 3rd which has had us grounded for awhile. She will hopefully get released from the doc on the 20th and be done with physical therapy so we can go somewhere. We went once back in early June and had a 4 day trip planned the last week of June when the doc's office called with the surgery date and she had to go in for some pre surgery tests when our trip was planned so we cancelled our reservations. Anyway , in anticipation of getting back on the road I've been checking things over and glad I did.
Wow, have you got a schematic for that switch?
Paul Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Labelle View Post
I'm sure you could Google it and find something on it. I can look for one later, on my way out right now.

Google DPDT center off switch. I was an electrician by trade so didn't use one.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #27

Did you check the truck fuse? Look in the truck manual to find which pin runs the right brake then check that fuse, good chance it may have blown. Good Luck
par1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by par1945 View Post
Did you check the truck fuse? Look in the truck manual to find which pin runs the right brake then check that fuse, good chance it may have blown. Good Luck
The problem was fixed several posts ago. The truck was never in question because it was not hooked to the trailer.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #29

hi.i had the same problem in the fuse panel on my truck ,there was a 10amp. fuse blown..i have a 2017 gmc truck..i have a 2012 jayco fifth wheel & it was the drivers side tail light out..hope this helps..regards..hainey (from nova scotia
hainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #30

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my 2016 27RLS. The left brake and tail light stopped working.
It turned out to be wiring under the trailer where Jayco in it's slipshod manner had not taped or shielded the wires running under the trailer. The wires were rubbing on frame cross members and finally rubbed through and shorted out.
I hope yours is simpler as that shroud is not fun to get back in.
Also check your brake magnet wires as I found a similar issue there where my brake controller was flashing "SH". A wire coming out of the axel had also worn and shorted out.
snerdwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Labelle View Post
I'm sorry it took so long for me to do this. I made a diagram of the terminals on the back of the DPDT Center Off Switch and how it is wired. Hope this helps.

I may install a photo cell to turn the flag light on dusk to dawn
Attached Thumbnails
DPDT Center off Switch.jpg