Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #1

'13 Jayco Eagle Premier Paint/Fiberglass

Hey everyone. I'm actually posting for a friend that is currently working with Jayco on some issues he is having with his fiver.

The unit is 3 years old this month. About a year plus ago, the front cap began to show signs of the fading or "chalking" that I have seen others complain about on this forum. More recently, that same fading or chalking is happening to the slides and fiberglass walls.

Now, for those not aware, this fiver sports the chocolate colored exterior. I don't believe they use that color any longer for a reason.

Has anyone else seen this chalky look on their nose caps or sides. The dealer took photos for him and sent them to Jayco. Jayco needed better photos taken so he just did them himself and sent them off. Now Jayco is directing him to go to body shop to see what the estimate of repair will be.

I know they can paint the nose caps as I've read on here that Jayco was actually pretty good with taking care of those for customers even if they were out of warranty. Have any of you experienced Jayco getting their entire
Unit painted???'
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:26 PM   #2

Jayco has been repainting the caps under warranty. Search the forum using fading for other posts. You will need a lot of pictures, top, middle and each side of the cap to submit a claim.
Bobbywires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:36 PM   #3

My 2013 Eagle Premier 31RLTS is at the dealer right now getting the front cap repainted under warranty.

We have seen no issues with the sides. I hope we don't.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
My 2013 Eagle Premier 31RLTS is at the dealer right now getting the front cap repainted under warranty.

They turned me down on a 2014 saying I'm the second owner. Are you the first owner? Who did you talk to to get a 2013 repainted?
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #5

Jayco paid to have the nose on my 2014 375BHFS re-done due to it oxidizing. One thing I didn't know until after having this done is they don't actually re-paint the nose, but instead they sand out the oxidation and apply multiple coats of clear coat. At least that is what the body shop did on mine.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:26 AM   #6

Thanks for the responses so far.

He was working directly with Jayco on the issue. I just wanted to put some feelers out to our group to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues with the sides. The front cap issue seems to be very wide spread.

I believe it's going to a body shop today to have someone look at it.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
They turned me down on a 2014 saying I'm the second owner. Are you the first owner? Who did you talk to to get a 2013 repainted?

I am the original owner of mine. I contacted Jayco before I engaged the dealer. I submitted the pictures to Jayco and had the worked approved, then took it to the dealer and gave them the warranty claim number.

I checked with my dealer yesterday. They had just received my camper back from the local paint and body shop they contract with. They are now waiting for all of the vinyl graphics to arrive so they can reapply them.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post

X2, my 31.5 RLTS is also in the shop now getting the cap re painted, ours does not have any issues with the sides!!
Rhumphers9a is offline   Reply With Quote