Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #1

17 Pinnacle 36FBTS

Where we store our unit there's 110 power to plug into to keep trickle on the batteries as well as keep the residential refrigerator running. However, the last few times we've gone to the storage, the GFCI on their pole is tripped, thus the refrigerator is not running. My question is, do any of you that have a residential refrigerator in your unit store it without a power source? Does this harm the frig if it's not kept running?

Thanks,
Dario
Dario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #2

My residential fridge is stored in the off position...has been for 2 years now. My storage lot has a 110 power and I run an extension cord with a battery tender plugged in to keep my batteries topped off and in good shape. I also have a battery disconnect that I keep in the off position so there's no draw. It won't hurt the fridge to keep it stored off...however, when in storage, I do keep the doors propped open to have air circulate.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
My residential fridge is stored in the off position...has been for 2 years now. My storage lot has a 110 power and I run an extension cord with a battery tender plugged in to keep my batteries topped off and in good shape. I also have a battery disconnect that I keep in the off position so there's no draw. It won't hurt the fridge to keep it stored off...however, when in storage, I do keep the doors propped open to have air circulate.

Thanks for the quick reply. Problem is, with the slides closed the refrigerator doors are crammed again the island and doors can't be left open.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Problem is, with the slides closed the refrigerator doors are crammed again the island and doors can't be left open.

I’m sorry...I didn’t mean to imply the doors were wide open. My fridge is up against the island as well. I unlock the fridge and have enough room to put a sponge in the door of the freezer and fridge. Doors are only open an inch, if that at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #5

I will try that for sure. I hate to give up this spot (very reasonably priced).
Old 02-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #6

How often do you check on storage? Do you leave your inverter on and if so how many batteries 6v or 12v do you have? Dealer only installed one 12v during prep. Our fridge manual says best to have two 12v batteries so that's what were using. If it's a reoccurring issue I would beef up to four or six 6v battery bank.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #7

We store our unit off site & leave something between the fridge doors to keep them slightly opened. We turn off all power to the unit.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #8
Site Team

You just need enough space to allow air to circulate and keep it from getting mildewed and sour.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote