Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2021, 01:56 PM   #1

2005 blackwater rinser check valve location

Ok, so I figure this is a longshot, but worth a try. I have a 2005 Designer 31 RLTS. The blackwater tank rinser (flusher) will not allow any water through it. To be clear there are 2 hose connections, for for shore water hookup and the other specifically for the rinser. When I connect a hose it will not allow any water into it. I suspect that the rinser head in the tank itself is plugged up, but would like to check the check valve/backflow preventer/vacuum breaker before tearing the under pinning down and trying to locate the sprayer head in the tank. The problem is that I haven't been able to get the location of said check valve. I even spent 30 minutes on the phone with Jayco customer service, who initially told me that there was only one water connection (for which the check valve was located in the wall behind shower- absolutely idiotic place to put this- but the wrong one none the less.) , and then finally decided to tell me that there was no check valve on the tank sprayer, which would see to me to be a code violation to not have something inside the waste water tank connected to a clean water supply without such a device so I turn to my peers hoping someone has had to trouble shoot this issue and gave give me some valuable advice. Having consulted other with other models, I have already looked in outdoor shower compartment and under the vanity sink for said device and have found none. And yes I know that I can get a Camco rinsing tool (already have one in fact) but it would be immeasurably move convenient in a park with full hookup to flush with OEM rinser, and am hoping to get this working in hopes it will clear the erronous tank level indications.

Thanks!
mhorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:07 AM   #2

I dont have the same model as you (28.5 RSTS) but mine went out last year and vented water into and out of my left wheel well area. It was a 571 valve and was located behind my shower controls. 4 screws to get the shower control loose and the 571 was in a very small area where the water came up also for the hot/cold shower selector. Heres what the vac break looked like if its the same on yours which it may be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35332151734...caAgg0EALw_wcB
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply

I will check this out, but based on what Jayco told me this is the one for the potable water. They could be incorrect so I will check. They weren't very confident, saying there wasn't one for the tank washer. I have trouble believing that there wouldn't be one on the separate water inlet.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:45 PM   #4

Found it

Posting this in case anyone else is in search of this elusive component. I pulled the outside shower box in order to reach in wall and hopefully trace the inlet for the sewer tank flushed and low and behold the check valve is in the wall just above the outside shower valves. There was enough flex in the pex pipe to flex it outside the shower valve opening to troubleshoot. The valve is bad, but after replacement I still can't get flow to the in tank washer so I guess next step is to pull underpinning down and hopefully it can be removed from tank without much drama.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2266.jpg   IMG_2267.jpg   IMG_2264.jpg