Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #1

2010 29.5RKS coat closet

We really like our new to us Eagle and are looking foreword to our first trip in May.

One thing we have noticed was the limited closet space. Just the two small ones on either side of the bed. When we were looking to buy we found a floor plan with a slider on the bed and a closet in the front cap, but none were close enough to look at.

I thought a coat closet would be nice and since there are lots of storage spaces I decided to modify the large cupboard next to the tv.

Since the cabinetry is lightweight construction I didn't think screwing some hooks inside would last long.
I made a couple of plywood brackets to support a pvc closet rod and screwed them to the shelf supports at the top, front and back, of the cupboard.
Made end caps to contain the rod, then knocked out the two upper shelves and supports.
A few of the staples securing the supports pulled through the paneling leaving some splinters to epoxy down so they don't snag.

Coats will have to hang front to back, but for the two of us keeping a couple sweaters and coats handy, that will be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1462.jpg   IMG_1474.jpg   IMG_1476.jpg   IMG_1485.jpg  
GTAEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #2

looks like it would work fine ... closet space was why we went with one that had the bedroom slide and front full width closet ... love the space and the room to change clothes in the bedroom