Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #1

2010 365 bhs

We are firstimers and bought brand new after searching for a solid month. after getting jacked around, we went to our local Jayco dealer. we told the owner our needs and where we had been in the search. i just thought i hated buying new cars and trucks. he walked us to the unit that fit exactly what we needed. now being new at this i guess i had some unrealistic expectations:
1) 2 AC's would surely cool! 2 1/2 tons of AC in appr 350 sq ft. Wrong!! i am on the road and cant get back to dealer right now. i put 1/2 closed cell sheathing cut to fit in the windows. its still 92 deg inside when 102 outside.
2) entertainment system- cool huh? except i am on my second Jensen head unit and its jacked up too. any recomendation on dif brands?
3) O2 sensor- waits to go off at weird times. no gas present, maybe deoderant? needless to say we pull the fuse to reset and it works for awhile and then....... you guessed it ALARM!!! waiting on Jayco to call me back.
4) cabinets- supposed to be built by Ammish carpenters. it looks really nice, only complaint is i noticed the cabinet in the super slide is falling apart. not too much weight either. i think stripped screw. very pretty color though.
5) mattress- Jayco had the "best" from what we saw. after 9 months we have to dig our way out of the center where it has failed.
6) i have two windows leaking at the bottom of the inside of the frame. cant figure where its coming from. dealer will fix.
7) lights on ceiling- watch out for these hocky puck lights!! injury will occur removing the glass. they DONT twist out. you have to use a plastic putty knife. found this out after two fell out of the ceiling during removal. wont stay in now.
8) airflow- the bunkhouse has nearly no airflow and while its roomy back there, 4 adults could never stay in it. it is ususally 10-15 degrees warmer in there.
9) heat- this unit gobbles up the propane. 100# in three weeks set at 68 degrees when im there and 60 when not. i thought this had an arctic package?

i hate to complain about our new mobile mansion, but its frustrating to spend this kind of money on a second home and it doesnt perform as promised. in all fairness i am going to let the dealer work on it when i get home and see how it goes. i really think it needs a 3rd AC or significantly redesign the duct system so air flows better. any tips would be appreciated.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #2

Camper 10

I also have a 2010 365BHS. My air in the bunkhouse did not work. I fixed the airflow with a pizza box in the main A/C and I added a extra vent in the bunkhouse. Now it will freeze you out in the bunkhouse. I can give you more detail if you would like on the mod. The fix is very simple!!!!!!!
Camper 10
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #3

We tinted all the windows with 95% block and blocked air vent in bunk area. With door closed you almost need lights on to see in daytime. The two units now cool fine with temps outside hitting 95+. We also close bathroom vent and one above fridge. Jayco missed there design team meeting on that one area of comfort.

Our O2 sensor has gone off a few times, but dust was the culprit. Once it gets blown out and reset it works fine for about a month until it gets dirty.

I camped last year in Western Neb with temps at -35 during the night and mid teens during the day. I had 4 tanks and would rotate 2 out and 2 in. 2 tanks lasted roughly 36 hours. I ran an extra space heater in storage area and that really helped.

Just a few things I have done with our 365 BHS or Hunting Man Cave as I call it.
Rljones61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

yes please do. i am wrapping up my job in west texas and have adate with the dealer. it is so frusrating. is this how it is RVing? maybe i had too high of expectations. it has been good in some ways as my family comes to visit and that saves money. my email is mark<period>leitch<at>verizon<period>net. i see your a Dodge man. Hows your mileage on the Cummins? the stroker got 7 mpg draggin the mobile mansion out the first time.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

BigDaddy,

You may want to use the "Private Message" feature for giving out your e-mail address, spamers can get a hold of it when placed in the open. If you like, you can request one of the moderators to remove it.

Just food for thought.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #6

thanks i didnt know that could happen.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #7

After 3 years of going back and forth to the dealer, Jayco and our dealer "conceded" there was an issue in the bunkhouse. I cant give specifics, but we now have a 3rd air in the bunkhouse. its a 13.5. I have to have this wired and am looking for anyone else that has done this. I have the ability, but want to be sure I understand how this should be wired so I can double check the work. The 120 V panel is split to two phases and I am curious about where to connect. We don't have a washer dryer and figured it would be connected there. Any thoughts?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #8

I was in your same boat. I finally got tired of fighting Jayco about the bunkhouse. I installed a 3rd A/C and it solved the problem. I went to a RV dealer and had it installed. It was a bad design from Jayco, but I could not get them to take responsibility.
Camper 10
2010 365 BHS
2005 Dodge 3500
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #9

how and where did they wire it? how is the bunkhouse now?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #10

Bunkhouses in most brands do not cool well. I have only one AC, a 15K unit. I installed a vortex under cabinet fan in the door way on the ceiling to circulate more air from the front to the rear. It helps, but is not the answer. Check on installing a second unit in the ceiling vent. Prices ranged from around $1500 up to a little over $2000. I talked to the service tech at my dealer. He told me to do it myself. Said it was easy. Would still cost nearly $1000, because of the AC unit some wiring, and a 20 or 30 amp cord to go from the bunkhouse to the pedestal. Adding another vent is an idea that has been mentioned to me, but I am not sure of exactly how the duct works runs.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
how and where did they wire it? how is the bunkhouse now?
It would be installed in the ceiling vent, and wires run to the rear. They would be covered with a wire molding so it wouldn't look too bad. It would be wired to a recepticle at the rear. You would then have a choice of 2 things. One is similar to your other setup. Pull out the cord when needed and push it back in when done, or have a seperate cord, that plugs in on the outside of the TT, and goes to the pedestal. One thing to keep in mind, is that the campground you stay at, would have to have 2 places to plug into. One for the main and a second place for the second ac. You can buy adapters that will allow plugging your 30amp TT into a 50 amp pedestal, which would leave you(hopefully)with an open 30amp on the pedestal for the second ac. I haven't done it yet, but still may.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote