Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #1

2011 365BHS AC diverter

Can anyone either post photos on provide a detailed explaination of how you are installing the "pizza box" diverter on the 365 BHS? I'm going to be spending a couple days in mine next week and since the weather will most likely be pretty chilly I figured it might be a good time to tackle this mod.
I understand it somehow goes in the main AC unit but can't visualize how this is being done.

Thanks in advance,
Jr
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #2

Air Fix

I do not have pictures, you put the pizza box in the main unit. The problem is the air from the fan blows straight down and very little air goes in the back ducted vents. Make the pizza box into a air diverter. Angle the box towards the back air duct and tape around the box to seal off the air. Now most of the air is going towards the back air vents. I also added an extra vent in the bunkhouse to improve air flow and a vent cushion to stop the heat from the vent. You will still get air to your quick cool vents, but no air to the front of the camper. Do you have two units? You have to run both units to cool off the camper after this mod. My camper's air works great after the mod and I was ready to take it back before the pizza box fix.
Camper 10
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #3

If I pull the inside cover off will I be able to see where this goes? Yes, we have 2 AC units and usually run both unit anyway. I would just like to see a little more cooling to the rear portion of the camper.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #4

AC Fix

Yes, the pizza box will fit in the unit.The pizza box is used as funnel to your back air ducts After the fix I can feel air all the way to the floor in the bunkhouse. The fix took me about 10 minutes from start to finish. Send me a private message for more info.
Camper 10
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote