Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #1

2011 Eagle 26.5RKS

I went and looked at one of these today. SWEET!!
Anyone have one of these 2011 models?
Likes/dislikes?

Kathie

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #2

Is that the HT model? If so, they are a pretty sweet FW. We looked at them a couple of times but went with the Superlite HT 26.5 RLS with the two chairs in the rear of the trailer instead of one on the side by the entry door. Just a person preference since the trailer really was set up nicely.
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #3

I see you have a G2. We went from the G2 26bhs to a 2012 Super Lite HT, 26.5 rks. We LOVE it! We gave up the bunk beds since we only have 1 child, and our 11 year old sets up and takes down the air mattress on the fold out couch by himself. We really like the open floor plan and the hitching up is much easier. We're slowly adding shelves and hooks as we see fit to make things more comfortable inside. If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

-Dave
dlongley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlongley View Post
I see you have a G2. We went from the G2 26bhs to a 2012 Super Lite HT, 26.5 rks. We LOVE it! We gave up the bunk beds since we only have 1 child, and our 11 year old sets up and takes down the air mattress on the fold out couch by himself. We really like the open floor plan and the hitching up is much easier. We're slowly adding shelves and hooks as we see fit to make things more comfortable inside. If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

-Dave
Dave, thanks for the response! I too like the two chairs in the back also.
I have a 23FB G2 TT at the moment. And I do love it. But I was wanting to upgrade for a little more space width wide with a slide out.
Does the ceiling in the bedroom slant down where you have to hunch over to get to the bed?
With the hitch in the bed of the truck, can you still put some things in the bed? Do you see any difference pulling a TT and a 5th wheel?
Got any pictures?
I currently have a 08 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel truck.

Kathie

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #5

Kathie,

I can stand up (I'm 5'10") at the foot of the bed, but I do have to hunch over a bit toward the head end of the bed. I find it easier to sit on the bed when rummaging through the bedside wardrobe. Would I like to stand up all the way? Sure. But this is a small inconvenience which comes about with the lighter weight, that is more than overcome by all the other pluses of the unit.

I'll have to get some picture up here after our vacation next week. We pull with a 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 with a Hemi. It pulls like a dream. The one thing we're getting used to is the weight is more in the truck than on the hitch, so instead of bouncing up and down when you go over bumps, the trailer pushes the truck. No sway when tractor trailers go by you. We've been out twice and I'm still getting used to the pivot point being moved. One thing I've noticed is that when backing up, it's slower to respond, but once it does, the trailer moves. We have a short-box, with a Reese 16k slider hitch, but you have to get pretty much at a right angle before you'd have to engage the slider. The nose of the camper is cut so that it gets out of the way. I do have my wife keep an eye on things "back there" when I'm backing up, so I can concentrate on what the trailer is doing.

Your 2500 will do just fine. I'm not ready to upgrade my truck yet, but when I do, it'll probably be to a 2500 with a Hemi. My Hemi, with the 3.92 gears pulls just fine, I'd just like to increase the cargo limit a bit.

I put the tonneau cover over the bed of the truck when not in use. You do lose some of the bed space, but we're trying to simplify. Plus, it helps to keep our cargo weight down. You can remove the hitch if you have to, which I may do over the winter.

Dave
dlongley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlongley View Post
Kathie,

I can stand up (I'm 5'10") at the foot of the bed, but I do have to hunch over a bit toward the head end of the bed. I find it easier to sit on the bed when rummaging through the bedside wardrobe. Would I like to stand up all the way? Sure. But this is a small inconvenience which comes about with the lighter weight, that is more than overcome by all the other pluses of the unit.

I'll have to get some picture up here after our vacation next week. We pull with a 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 with a Hemi. It pulls like a dream. The one thing we're getting used to is the weight is more in the truck than on the hitch, so instead of bouncing up and down when you go over bumps, the trailer pushes the truck. No sway when tractor trailers go by you. We've been out twice and I'm still getting used to the pivot point being moved. One thing I've noticed is that when backing up, it's slower to respond, but once it does, the trailer moves. We have a short-box, with a Reese 16k slider hitch, but you have to get pretty much at a right angle before you'd have to engage the slider. The nose of the camper is cut so that it gets out of the way. I do have my wife keep an eye on things "back there" when I'm backing up, so I can concentrate on what the trailer is doing.

Your 2500 will do just fine. I'm not ready to upgrade my truck yet, but when I do, it'll probably be to a 2500 with a Hemi. My Hemi, with the 3.92 gears pulls just fine, I'd just like to increase the cargo limit a bit.

I put the tonneau cover over the bed of the truck when not in use. You do lose some of the bed space, but we're trying to simplify. Plus, it helps to keep our cargo weight down. You can remove the hitch if you have to, which I may do over the winter.

Dave
Dave, thanks for all the info. I guess the hunch over feeling at the front of the bed is a small price to pay. The rest of the rig I absolutely loved. I would like the 2 chairs in the back and the kitchen space.
Kinda nervous about the backing up with the five'er, but I am sure I could get used to it.

Kathie

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #7

Kathie, in order to get the two chairs in the back you will have to go with the RLS rather than the RKS. The RKS has the kitchen in the rear of the trailer with one chair by the door and the couch and eating area on the other side. I believe the bedrooms are set up the same way. I am also about 5'10" and have to hunch over in our bedroom, but it's not big deal after having a Jayco Eagle 215SD for 18 years where it was tough to even get up on your knees when getting into bed and having one person have to climb over the other when getting out of bed in the middle of the night. We just took our 26.5 RLS out for nine days dry camping and the bathroom shower has plenty of room even for my somewhat overweight body. We have had two good trips with ours so far and just cleaned up ours after our last trip.
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #8

We love the one we have HT 26.5 RLS. For two people we have all kinds storage. We took it on the first extended trip last month and towed great with no problems with anything.
tinman72 is offline   Reply With Quote