Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #1

Post 2011 Jayco superlite 5th wheel

I have a 2011 Jayco superlite 5th wheel that I am going to
Winterize on my own for the first time. I have winterized an
Older travel trailer I used to own. My problem however is that
I can't find the valves to the low water drains. I have found several
hoses exiting the camper but no valves or plugs. Jayco has marked
On the trailer where the drains should be but they are not anywhere
Near the stickers that the marked them with. I've gone inside the camper
and can't seem to find any valves inside. If anyone can offer any suggestions
I would really appreciate it
Booda belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #2

You don't mention your model. In the right hand storage compartment, open the door and look to the left. There may be a cover held on by 2 screws. Remove the cover, on the BHLT there's 2 valves in there, pull to open. Then (again on the BHLT) there are 2 valves locared under the camper on the frame before and after the steps. Hope that helps?
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

I have a 2010 Super Lite and there are two low point drains behind a small panel inside the front storage compartment on the left side. Remove or loosen one screw and spin the cover out of the way, then feel in and pull up on the valve handle. They are labelled on the outside of the trailer but are concealed inside. Good luck, all else fails Jayco or dealer can advise.

2016 F350 PSD
2010 Jayco 30.5 RLS
Bearles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda belly View Post
I have a 2011 Jayco superlite 5th wheel that I am going to
Winterize on my own for the first time. I have winterized an
Older travel trailer I used to own. My problem however is that
I can't find the valves to the low water drains. I have found several
hoses exiting the camper but no valves or plugs. Jayco has marked
On the trailer where the drains should be but they are not anywhere
Near the stickers that the marked them with. I've gone inside the camper
and can't seem to find any valves inside. If anyone can offer any suggestions
I would really appreciate it
I'm a little confused at what you are after. You said that you want to winterize and yet you are looking for low point drains. In my mind, they are different issues.
I have a 2011 Superlite 31.5 RLTS. To winterize it takes less then 2 gal of RV antifreeze. There are 3 valves under the kitchen sink. They may be hard to see because sometimes the valve handle lays behind the water pipes which requires you to feel for them. There sole purpose is to isolate the hot water tank from your water system. One valve is on the line leading to your hot water tank. Another valve is on a line coming from the hot water tank. The third valve is a bypass valve that lets you put water in all hot water lines without going thru the hot water tank. The two valves that go to and from your hot water tank, you close. The bypass, you open. Make sure that you have drained both the the hot water and the fresh water tank. Leave both valves open until you ready to use your camper again. Next go to your water pump. Mine is in the extreme back of the 5th wheel in a box with a sliding door access. There is two valves there. One lets the water be pumped from the now empty fresh water tank. Turn that valve off. There is a second valve with a section of clear plastic hose on it. That is a suction hose that you stick down into your gal. antifreeze jug. Open that valve and turn on your pump.
Go around and start opening valves one at a time until you have pink fluid coming out of all spigots. Keep an eye on your antifreeze container. It will need refilling. If your unit has an outside shower, make sure you bleed that system too. This whole process takes less then 10 minutes when you know where the valves are.
You didn't say what model you have but I can't imagine that your unit would be much different.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #5

He may be trying to winterize by blowing out the lines rather than filling them with "pink" stuff. If you blow out the lines, it is important to open and drain all the low point drains as well as any water outlets like outside showers or outside kitchen faucets as well as the inside ones. The info re: the low water drains above is correct. The one(s) coming out of the fresh water tank should be under and slightly inside the outside wall of the trailer back where the fresh water tank sits. As far as the ones in the front of the trailer, the above info is correct as that's exactly what I have on my 2012 Jayco HT 26.5 FLS. I hated taking the screws out and putting them back in so I rigged up some little mirror holders, two on the bottom and one on the top and all I have to do to take those doors off is swivel the top one to the side and lift the little piece of paneling out of the way. My trailer also has that door on the compartment for the hot water heater.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote