Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #1

2012 30.5 BHLT warranty work for a squeaky floor

what started out as a minor annoyance led to not being able to make coffee in peace in the morning after waking everybody up with the squeaks. It was finally time at the end of this season to deal with warranty issues and the floor squeak is the number one issue. This is a major job as said by our dealer, they are in talks with jayco as to how to fix this problem. What ive been told to this point is that they plan to tackle it from underneath, drop the belly the tanks, ducting etc.. 40hr+ job. I would presume that it should come back better than I left it, I would like to think I have some what trained techs working on it now, not the line workers that quantity not quality is the mantra.

Anyways they are taking picture that I will request to receive, ill post what I get.

Not posting for any other reason than letting everyone know our issues.
vanislecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #2

Wow, sorry to hear that. Does the floor squeak everywhere, or just in a specific place?
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #3

Have the same problem with our 2013 Pinnacle . Goes in Oct 23. Floor squeak started in front of sink and is spreading across kitchen.
good luck
pointrow
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #4

Same area as our squeaks, sounds like the same spread . So where we are at is the dealer working on it now after jayco allotted them 20hrs to reinforce the floor. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to make the couple hour trip to the dealer to see the progress. We asked if they had done this before and got the answer "many times" really?

Has anyone heard of a floor being reinforced?
vanislecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #5

That is interesting about reinforcing the floor. By that do they mean re screwing / gluing the floor down?
My dealer is only 10 min away so I'll be checking on them often and they know it. This is the second unit I've bought from them and their service work has been good.
later
pointrow
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote