Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #1

2013 Jayco Premier 351RLTs heading back to factory

Continuing problem with sewer smell inside of camper being dealt with at factory. Problem has been documented by the dealership. Dropped unit off today , being picked up by Transport Oct 14th and is scheduled for service at the Factory on the 28th. We are hoping its a fast turnaround as we are heading South December 27and have to repack the entire unit. Will keep updated on what they find and the solution they came up with,
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #2

how far are you from the factory?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #3

500 miles. But the Factory is paying for the transport both ways
Old 10-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #4

Unhappy

we have same issue with our 351mkts. one more 4 day weekend and then back to camping world! keep us posted on what factory finds and corrections to problem.
jeffc1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #5

I will
Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

We have been dealing with the same problem. We bought a 2012 365 BHS in May 2012 and brought it to our seasonal site. My wife and I kept commenting on the sewage smell when you first walk into the camper. Then the smell was coming from the cabinets in the upstairs bathroom and under the kitchen sink. We originally thought it to be the stubby vents in each cabinet. But a few months later while dumping I saw a large amount of water leaking from the underbelly. Contacted the dealership and they responded right to the campsite. They found that one of my tanks had split alongside the factory weld. I brought it to the dealership and they removed the underbelly and all insulation and replaced the tank. They showed me the broken tank when the job was finished. The dealership tried to fix the squeaky floor while tank was out. Picked it up this year in May and brought it back to the campground. The camper still has a sewage odor. They dealership came back up and checked the roof vents and found them to be unblocked and functional. Please let me know what you find out. Our camper is going back to dealership to fix some cabinet doors, squeaky floor and unpleasant sewage odor.
MAcamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #7

I thought I had black tank odor about a month ago and I couldn't seem to stop it. After giving up on the black tank, I put a load of chemical in the kitchen gray tank. Odor gone! Even with regular dumping the gray tank needs something added to it occasionally. I full time and this is the first time in over 3 years with this problem.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #8

Edatlanta-- We tried chemical, checked the roof vents, replaced the air admittance valves under the sinks with no luck. Tried the tornado vent- no luck. Brought the trailer to the dealer who checked everything out and could not find the problem. The dealership documented that there was a problem. P traps and all plumbing runs have been checked no luck there neither. Dealership checked everything that they could ,short of ripping out the tanks. Unit is scheduled to be worked on Oct 28th at the Factory. Hope they find the problem.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #9

Re: 2013 Jayco Premier 351RLTs heading back to factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad99ram View Post
Edatlanta-- We tried chemical, checked the roof vents, replaced the air admittance valves under the sinks with no luck. Tried the tornado vent- no luck. Brought the trailer to the dealer who checked everything out and could not find the problem. The dealership documented that there was a problem. P traps and all plumbing runs have been checked no luck there neither. Dealership checked everything that they could ,short of ripping out the tanks. Unit is scheduled to be worked on Oct 28th at the Factory. Hope they find the problem.
Did anybody pull the comode and check the flange? I had one crack and that is where the odor was coming ftom