Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #1

2013 Pinnacle water leak???????

I have a leak under the bathroom sink that has me scratching my head. Wife says the shelf under sink is wet so I get my flashlight and try to find leak. Nothing. Try hot /cold and filling the bowl with water. Still no wetness. Next day same complaint and I can't make it show it's self.
Finally put bowl under where the supply lines connect and presto 1" of water in bowl the next day.
Still can't catch where it is leaking.
Moved to new CG and put a regulator on and no problem for a month until we moved and are dry camping and running on pump. Bowl now has water in it again.
Still can't find any leak.
I was thinking it was a over pressure problem until we went on pump. Can't think pump would be making too much pressure.
I still can't catch it leaking anywhere.
I know the service manager will blow it off when it goes back for warranty if I can't make leak.

Any ideas?
thanks
pointrow
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #2

Does the pump cycle on and off, or does it hold pressure in the line?
Dual Pane Windows
Rear View Safety backup camera
Macerator system
northmeck0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 AM   #3

Could be the fitting has just backed off the faucet threads. I might suggest (with the pump turned OFF) disconnecting each water line from the faucet, wrapping the 1/2" pipe threads with some Teflon tape (start @ bottom & work up about 3/4" wrapping in the directions the threads run), and then reconnecting water lines. If that doesn't work, then it's probably the pex fitting itself - probably the clamp is too loose. That's why I hate pex fittings. While it's still under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer & hope you can make it leak while you're there. Once it's out of warranty, I'd switch as many fittings as you can reach over to "Shark-bite" (or similar) fittings. They're a little pricey. but you only need a few. They go on in seconds (without any special tools), and in the 10 years I've been using them, I've never had one fail.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #4

Did you try snugging up the drain connections? I have had that issue with my kitchen sink.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #5

I had a very small pinhole in a supply line that would only leak at certain times. While it was in the house, I found that it leaked when the washer machine stop filling, due to water hammer. I am thinking that depending on what regulator you used, the pressure could be less than the pump. Also, colored tissue paper is great for finding a leak as wet areas show up and it is easy to pinpoint where it is coming from.

Fred
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #6

+1 on checking the fittings. When my dad brought his new 5'er home for the 1st time, we found a leak. It was the lines going to and from the water heater. They were not even hand tight from the factory. We tightened them up and have not had a problem since.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #7

Could it be the drain line that is leaking?? I found the p-traps under the kitchen and bathroom sinks loose when I first got our trailer.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #8

I had the same problem.Tightened the faucet supply nuts a little and problem solved.