Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #1

2015 Eagle Bunkhouse - new RVers looking for help

We are in our 1st year of RV camping and we have had nothing but problems since our 1st trip. Some of these are self-inflicted due to not knowing what we are doing, in our infinite wisdom we decided to by a 39ft fifth wheel for our 1st camper.

Is there anything we can do/read/etc that will help us stop having so many issues with our 5th wheel?

Does anyone have interstate warranty company? They seem to be great when 5th wheel is in shop, but when we have trouble on the road, we are screwed. Also, we have AllState Roadside Assistance. Is GoodSams better?

Recent issues:

1. brake failure (3 out of 4 brakes not working - we had it inspected)
2. auto leveler broken
3. bunkhouse slide out doesn't go out - keeps tripping fuse
4. many problems with converter but not to the point of replacing yet.
5. Toilet valve not closing
6. Auto leveling jacks make really loud sounds when leveling
7. battery cutoff switch doesn't cut off power to RV
8. Heater went out last winter
8. Reclining theater seats keep getting stuck on the trim pieces.
9. Bunkhouse door locked (there's no lock on door) and locked youngest daughter in.

Any guidance is appreciated. If this is all normal for 1 year, we just need to know LOL!
RVCampingismyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but I can't help with your question regarding the interstate warranty company.

Issue #7. Correct. Unless an owner changed the wiring, in most cases the battery cut off does not stop power to the radio, break-away switch, and propane/CO detector. Changing the wiring or disconnecting the battery is the only to disconnect all the power.

I'm assuming your issues (9) occurred during your first year of using the unit, but all was OK during your pre-purchase inspection and when you first used the trailer. Correct?
Did you buy from a private owner or a dealer?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but I can't help with your question regarding the interstate warranty company.

Issue #7. Correct. Unless an owner changed the wiring, in most cases the battery cut off does not stop power to the radio, break-away switch, and propane/CO detector. Changing the wiring or disconnecting the battery is the only to disconnect all the power.

I'm assuming your issues (9) occurred during your first year of using the unit, but all was OK during your pre-purchase inspection and when you first used the trailer. Correct?
Did you buy from a private owner or a dealer?
Thanks so much for responding! I didn't know that about the wiring. I need to read up on the owner's manual it sounds like.

Yes, all okay during inspection and when we first went out. We had a couple small issues (kids using too much toilet paper), but that was definitely user error!

We bought from Zoomerz RV in Wabash, IN.
RVCampingismyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #4

We all feel you pain to some extent.

We are full timers (10yrs and 3 RVs) and this can present a accellerant to resolving issues. Hopefully after your "Break in issues" get resolved you will experience a more pleasurable time RVing.

I think "all" new purchase's have their issues, heaven knows we have. But into our second year into new purchase we are really enjoying it. Keep the pulse on getting your dealer to complete the issues your having. And, yes we are quick to call Jayco Warranty department to assist in understanding the process and resolving the issues. When talking to Jayco keep dates, times, names and most important warranty/RA- numbers. Everyone we talk to at Jayco Warranty is nice and very helpful

Kathy @ 574 - 825 - 5861

Our tankless water heater temp was fluctuating and needed replaced. Our dealer said for several visits "they can't replicate it". After I called Garrard and working with "Kyle" at tech support, we completed a process check (from the dump station faucet connection), he gave me a return authorization number, I gave the dealer this information and it was replaced without question. So your involvement counts.

At the end of the day; This makes great campfire stories...

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote