Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #1

2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA - Water System Help Needed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinnacle Water Circuit.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	35893

I attached (I hope) a photo of the water panel. I tried to winterize the system today -- 1st timer. I was successful in getting the water out of the hot water heater, getting the water out of the tanks and draining everything. I turned off the water to the ice maker -- then I hit a huge snag.
I turned the black knobs on the panel to Winterize and set the 3 silver knobs as shown in the photo. I put a hose in the RV pink Winterizer fluid and turned on the water pump -- NOTHING. I had the facets inside open.
Do I have the valves set correctly. I did read the 2015 Manual.
So...I put pink liquid in the drains and am hoping for the best until I figure this out.
Is it easier to get a regulator and use my compress and blow air in the lines?
Also -- there are 2 intake connections for hoses -- I think the bottom one is for city water or the RV pink Fluid???
I am feeling like a total novice at this point.
Thanks for any help.
eberaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #2

Did you flip the screen on the hose connection to press the check valve? That usually helps the pump pickup the antifreeze. And yes the bottom connection is for fresh water and winterizing.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #3

We had the same confusion but got it solved. If you have the same or similar layout as ours you should find a valve underneath the island near the trash can slide. Instructions: (1) Turn off all your faucets, (2) make sure the hose is in you antifreeze bottle, (3) turn on the pump, (4) ope the valve noted above. Your antifreeze will be sucked into the ice maker. It won't take much so after a minute-or-so return the valve to its original position. Done.
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #4

Valve Under Sink

Does the valve under garbage can (kitchen island) need to be on or off to keep the pink fluid out of the ice maker?
Our problem seems to be that the pump isn't sucking the pink solution into the water lines.
I also turned a valve off under the kitchen stove drawer -- could I have blocked the entire liquid intake by doing that?

We love this 5th wheel -- I just have to figure out how everything works. It is our first one and we want to keep it in top shape.

Many thanks --
eberaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #5

This may sound dumb, but just turn it from its current position. Once the fluid has been pumped in turn it back to the original position.

By the way, we love ours, too!
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote