Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #1

2015 Pinnacle Battery Relocation

I relocated the batteries on my 2015 Pinnacle from the battery compartments to the front compartment. Anyone who has a 2015 Pinnacle knows how much the battery compartments are inadequate; they limit battery size and are quite cumbersome to try to remove and install batteries. Rather than trying to relocate or splice all the cables I used a bolt mounted to the shelf to terminate all the negative connections including a new battery cable that goes through the wall to the front compartment. For the positive battery connections I mounted a Bussbar Standoff Insulator/Isolator Connector to the shelf to terminate all of the positive battery connections, including a positive power cable also going through the wall to the front compartment. This facilitates being able to use larger batteries (or more than two) and also gives easier access to the batteries for removal. It was well worth the effort. (Unfortunately the picture rotated left by 90 degrees, I don't know why, this also happened to me on a previous post.)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1049.jpg  
bluebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:38 AM   #2

I did a similar setup when I switched to 4 6v batteries in the genny bay.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #3

Don’t you have to be careful not to add any additional length to the cables due to theDC current?
Tryintoretire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryintoretire View Post
Don’t you have to be careful not to add any additional length to the cables due to theDC current?
No, just need to be large enough in size. The added length isn't that much anyway.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #5

Players Z28 is absolutely correct. The additional voltage drop is inconsequential due to the fact that the cables going to the batteries are much larger diameter than needed.
The actual current draw on the batteries is no where near what the cables are designed for. If you measure the voltage at the standoff insulator and then at the batteries I don't think you would see any drop at all.
bluebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote