Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to BC CANUCK
2015 Pinnacle door lock problem

Anyone with a 2015 Pinnacle that has had a problem with the Bauer Door Kock. I live in Claresholm AB and noticed a new Pinnacle in our RV park so I went over to say hello to the owner as I have exactly the same unit. Turns out that he and his wife had locked themselves out of the unit and had left their keys inside. We tried to unlock the key pad but no go. I went home and got the sheet from my warranty info but we could not get it to open. It happens that I have read his comments on our forum and he goes by the sign in "68 Camaro". We called Coachnet and he is waiting for a locksmith to arrive. He is stuck, any suggestions?????. Thanks.

BC CANUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #2

We had the same problem and all my wife did was touch the keypad. Luckily we have a rear door so I got in. The very next thing I did was pull the batteries, BAUER electronic locks are "JUNK"

Old 06-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #3

I agree that it is not a very good lock. I never trusted it on my unit and now I never use it. On my 2012 Pinnacle it was great and we used it all the time without any problem but it was a different setup.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #4

Well, all done, once again BC Canuck, thanks for your time and help. If you hadn't had your Bauer lock sheet, I wouldn't have had the number for Coachnet, cause my books where in the coach. So if you want to stop by anytime tonight and have a look at our sectional, your more than welcome. The locksmith was 5 minutes. So, note to self, never leave coach without keys, not the easiest note for me lol, and never trust the Bauer door lock, it is doing the same thing again, will function fine when door is wide open, when I close the door, it will lock but not open. I think Grumpy has the exact solution, remove the batteries.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #5

Doug, glad you are up and running. Will drop over later. Ian Robertson.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #6

I just got locked out last week. The keyless entry has never worked from day one. Ended up having to call a locksmith and after $150 got the door opened. I'm ready to go back to old key lock and get rid of the keyless entry. Seems like a piece of junk.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #7

Maybe the strike plate is adjusted so tight that it's putting the bolt in a bind when locked. I noticed on ours that we had to push the door closed a little extra to get it to latch fully , I adjusted it just a little and it works fine now.
Hope this makes sense the way I explained it.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #8

We keep a realitor lock box on our 5th wheel so we can get in if the battery's dead .

It work well on our manual locks in our tt when we had multiple people coming and going instead of making a bunch of keys if we were not there they could still get in and out of the weather
Fuldraw2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:31 PM   #9

Jayfowler, is your unit still in the first year, I didn't have to pay for the locksmith, just a quick sign, and on his way with Jayco roadside.

TexasRT, I think you may have it right, I will try the adjustment tomorrow, because it functions fine with door open, it's possible when door is closed, it may be getting into a bind, and won't retract to open. I'm thinking it may not be in the electronics.

Fuldraw, I have the same plan, it wouldn't be very proactive of me now, if I didn't place a backup on the coach somewhere. Unfortunately the second set is 3 hours away at home right now. So the wife is watching me close now.

Thanks guys.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #10

We had a problem right from new with the lock on our 2015, 31 RETS was unlocking but not locking, found that the control wires were pinched during installation, phoned Bauer, they sent new lock set (which was pretty good seeing Jayco screwed up) installed it correctly, working just fine, always have a key accessible for manual operation, if it is electronic it will fail sooner or later

bankedtime is offline   Reply With Quote