Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #1

2015 Pinnacle Main Floor insulation?

Has anyone had reason to get into the belly of their 2015 Pinnacle that can tell me what kind of insulation is in the main floor? I contacted Jayco technical support and they told me the Pinnacle has fiberglass insulation in the floor under the bedroom/bathroom, but that the main floor has no insulation, only a moisture barrier. I asked him how that was possible when page 10 of the 2015 Pinnacle brochure indicates the main floor has a R-22 value. He stated that the main structure gives it the R value, and needless to say my response was "say what???"
If anyone is wondering why I need to know it is due to a mishap when I purchased my Pinnacle out of state and was towing it home. The water pump switch on the inside wouldn't turn the pump off, and I SHOULD have tried the switch on the outside to see if it would turn it off. But, I was in a hurry to get on the road, and in my old camper we have on occasion inadvertently forgotten to turn the pump off when towing and it was never a problem. BUT needless to say, it turned out to be a problem on the Pinnacle. In the process of going over a bump or whatever, the kitchen faucet turned on and while driving it swung around spraying water all over the floor. When I stopped driving, low and behold water was running out from the bottom of the Pinnacle. So I am trying to determine if the insulation in the belly could have been damaged. Only time will tell on what damage has been done to the floor or the bottom of the walls. So any feedback from someone who has seen the floor insulation would be appreciated!
bluebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote