Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #1

2015 Pinnacle TV Antenna Booster/Amplifier Switch

Can anyone that has a 2015 Pinnacle tell me where the TV antenna Booster/Amplifier Wall Plate/Switch is located? I have searched everywhere, and called Jayco customer service. They replied it should be in a cabinet near the TV (which I already knew). The owners manual doesn't state where it is. Any help would be appreciated, especially since I have already been somewhat wishing I had not purchased a Pinnacle. I bought it in California and towed it to South Dakota. During the trip, I had to winterize the camper since winter just won't go away, and I was dismayed when I found there was absolutely no information in the owners manual on winterizing the residential refrigerator. Plus the furnace circuit breaker keeps tripping, so I have to pull the furnace to see what is causing that issue. I also discovered the published dry hitch weight in the 2015 Pinnacle 36REQS is much more than the published 2410 pounds. Not off to a good start!
bluebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #2

Mine is in the back of the cabinet to the right of the fire place, had to look hard to find it.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:47 AM   #3

Sorry to hear you're off to a rough start with your Pinnacle. It gets better.

The TV booster switch on the REQS is in the back of the glass door cabinet to the right of the fireplace. You have to get on your knees to see/ reach it.

On your hitch weight, keep in mind that the published weight would not include add on's by the dealer or previous owner like stack washer/dryer in the front closet or generator in the front compartment or the Yosemite rock collection under the bed.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:56 AM   #4

Thanks, I do realize the published dry hitch weight is as you indicated. I don't have the front air conditioner, I don't have the washer and dryer, no generator or dealer add ons, I had one third of a tank of fresh water (which most of the weight is on the axles), I had only one propane tank full, and I had less than 250 pounds of stuff in the basement, and the hitch weight came in at 3400 pounds. As you can see, I didn't have 1000 pounds of water, propane, or added weight in the basement. I am going to go to a different CAT scale just to double check and make sure there was not an error in the scales. Thanks for the information!! I did check where you indicated for the booster switch, and there is nothing there. I am wondering if this unit simply doesn't have the booster, which I find hard to believe.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:34 AM   #5

As I recall, my published hitch weight was about 2800# and when I went to weigh my rig my actual hitch weight was around 3600#. I've got the front A/C and the stack W/D plus I was loaded for a trip with full propane and "stuff". (I only carry about 25% fresh water). In my mind, it sounded about right.

Your antenna booster location is a mystery. I can't imagine it doesn't have one. Raise the TV and trace the cable connection backwards from the back of the TV. Surely it leads to a booster. Strange...
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #6

Factory sepcs are estimates and always tend to be on the low side. This is common to all RV manufacturers. Also subject to change without notice. 2400 lbs sounds awful low for that trailer. My little eagle has 2300 lbs pin weight before I added the generator or the combo washer dryer.

Also all manufacturers have crappy owners manuals.

Furnace, that's made by someone else and used by other manufacturers.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretasDad View Post
Sorry to hear you're off to a rough start with your Pinnacle. It gets better.

The TV booster switch on the REQS is in the back of the glass door cabinet to the right of the fireplace. You have to get on your knees to see/ reach it.

On your hitch weight, keep in mind that the published weight would not include add on's by the dealer or previous owner like stack washer/dryer in the front closet or generator in the front compartment or the Yosemite rock collection under the bed.
Rock collection, The Long Long Trailer? Lol

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebuffalo View Post
Can anyone that has a 2015 Pinnacle tell me where the TV antenna Booster/Amplifier Wall Plate/Switch is located? I have searched everywhere, and called Jayco customer service. They replied it should be in a cabinet near the TV (which I already knew). The owners manual doesn't state where it is. Any help would be appreciated, especially since I have already been somewhat wishing I had not purchased a Pinnacle. I bought it in California and towed it to South Dakota. During the trip, I had to winterize the camper since winter just won't go away, and I was dismayed when I found there was absolutely no information in the owners manual on winterizing the residential refrigerator. Plus the furnace circuit breaker keeps tripping, so I have to pull the furnace to see what is causing that issue. I also discovered the published dry hitch weight in the 2015 Pinnacle 36REQS is much more than the published 2410 pounds. Not off to a good start!

I have a 2016 and if I remember correctly on mine it was in the left lower cabinet mounted on the top of the cabinet.
A real PITA to find.

Good luck

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #9

I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36 REQS and the booster is in the upper right cabinet on the left side. It's hard to see in there. It took me forever to find it.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
I have a 2016 and if I remember correctly on mine it was in the left lower cabinet mounted on the top of the cabinet.
A real PITA to find.

Good luck

I was wrong......Left cabinet, top shelf, on back wall of cabinet.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7012.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	38682

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #11

Here is where ours is located
Attached Thumbnails
Pinnacle TV ANtenna switch.jpg  

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #12

Our booster is in the larger cabinet to the left of the fireplace. Not in the small vertical cabinet right next to fireplace. 2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #13

Its funny but everyone always calls these Antenna Wall Plate BOOSTERs.... They are just a control panel where the 'BOOSTER' amplifier is up inside the housing of the BATWING antenna. All this Antenna Wall Plate does is turn ON the 12VDC that powers up the BOOSTER AMPLIFIER. It also has a 12VDC receptacle and an inhibit circuit that will turn-off the Cable TV port if the OTA BATWING antenna is being used...

I suppose WINEGARD does have a model that has a Booster Amplifier in the panel but I have never run across one haha...

This is what mine looks like in my trailer setup setup...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #14

I think Jayco may have just made a mistake with the published hitch weight for 2015. I also have a brochure for a 2013 and it shows a hitch weight a couple of hundred pounds more (same model, 36REQS).
Old 04-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #15

Thanks for all the responses, with the help from several I finally did locate the switch plate. Also, on the dry hitch weight, I did discover today when I took the camper to the CAT scale at the local truck stop that the weight was considerably less than what it was when I weighed it at the CAT scale in Wyoming. Today the hitch weight came in at 2840 pounds, which is a lot closer to the published dry hitch weight of 2410 pounds. I had one full propane tank, all tanks including fresh water tank and water heater were empty, and I had probably about 100 pounds of tools etc in the baggage compartment. So that weight was much more reasonable than what I had when I weighed it the first time. When I weighed it the first time I had one third tank of fresh water, which still didn't account for the larger number it came in at on hitch weight. Thanks again to all on the responses. Now if I can get the furnace fixed from tripping the breaker I will be happy!
Old 06-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #16

Jasum has it right, this was where mine was also. After 3 days of terrible reception
like I was back in the 50s. When I inquired at the park is when they told me about a booster. Took about 10 minutes to find and then we had a great cable picture to enjoy.
haweinberger is offline   Reply With Quote