Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #1

2015 VS 2014 Changes

Hello everyone.

Wife and I currently own a 07 30.5BHS and we are in need of a different floor plan, kid is all grown up now and the bunk room is now just a BIG closet LOL

So we have been looking at Jayco, Grand Design, and Arctic Fox. I have to say I like my current Jayco and would buy another but I have to admit I really love the hydraulic auto leveling system, its fast easy and fairly stable. that is on the Grand, and even the SF has the electric version. ... But not even an option on the Jayco?
The other 2 brands have larger hot water heaters
The day night shades dont really block day like I would think they should.

Anyone know why Jayco hasn't started using hydraulic systems yet? jacks, slides ETC?
Have the slide issues with the Schwintek system be resolved yet?
Does anyone have info on the Jayco line for 2015?

Frustrated shopper right now need help.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #2

Welcome. I'll start with this. When I was looking at the competition, the hydraulic slides worked as such that the lightest went out first and onto the heaviest. What I did not like was the fact that you could not control individual slides. Second was possible leaks or pump failure as all slides were out of service in each case. SO find out how they are controlled.

I have 4 Schwintek slides on my current unit and only had an issue with one which is now resolved and working perfectly. My last unit had one and I never had an issue.

Jayco was doing a 4 point leveling system which had and still has issues. They have abandoned that 4 point Atwood unit and have gone from what I have read to a 6 point system. (don't know the manuf.) 2015 change.

This is our second unit from Jayco and while it has a few more warranty issues than the first I am very happy with it. There are pluses and minuses to each brand, but the 2 year warranty is good and I have found in my experience that Jayco goes above and beyond to keep customers happy IMHO. Based on my experience with dealing with them.

Good luck with your shopping and enjoy it. Make a list of your must haves and DW's must haves then see where you land on the layouts and go from there.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #3

I have the LCI six point electric level system and am very happy. The Schwintek slides of my five work perfect. No issues to date.
Not yet retired, but counting the months to full-timing !
ArmyColonel is offline   Reply With Quote