Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #21

We have the 2015 29.5BHDS and love it dearly. To belabor the point, the 2 burner stove is much more useful than the microwave. That being said, I use the microwave as a warmer to keep things warm as I take them off the grill. I don't turn the microwave on, just open the door and put freshly grilled meats in there while I grill more. The most expensive hot box on the planet !!! Also noticed you have the see through glass doors on cabinets on either side of the queen bed. Nice looking unit and a terrific floor plan.

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:13 PM   #22

Didn't see it in your pictures, but a 2016 29.5 BHDS just showed up at my dealer. In the pictures it appears they added another window in the master bedroom and reduced the size of the wardrobe to accommodate. I'm a little disappointed in this as I think the wardrobe space is more valuable.

- bsd
bigskydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #23

X2 BigSkyDoc. The original wardrobe is a nice size for the 2 week adventures we go on. Besides, one more window I have to blackout so I can sleep in when I want too !!!

Old 06-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #24

I actually like the extra window better. It would help get a little more cross ventilation. But I am surprised they ditched the side wardrobe closets and then reduced the slide wardrobe for the window. Now there isn't a ton of closet hanging space it appears.

I personally don't use the micro and I wouldn't use the stove so either would be fine with me. Only complaint about the outdoor kitchen is that it is pretty tall. I've noticed even on level sites its up there. I do like the carpet and the upgraded trim and hardware too.

Looks like a larger hallway window as well. So many changes since we bought ours less than a year ago. Congrats. You will love it.

UPC
Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #25

I personally don't use the micro and I wouldn't use the stove so either would be fine with me. Only complaint about the outdoor kitchen is that it is pretty tall. I've noticed even on level sites its up there.

UP - I was wondering the same thing on the outdoor kitchen. It sits up there a ways. I cannot think of a way to try and utilize it better than bring a platform with me. That ain't going to happen. If I was 6' 5", no problems.

I suppose you can't have it all.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #26

Outdoor kitchen is a bit high. It looks even higher in pic as my driveway slants down so had to lower front end a lot to get it level.
Rick2594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #27

I know everyone like different stuff, but we still love or 2014 model. We have used the outside microwave a few times, but I could get by without it. I wouldn't use the 2 burner stove either so I guess Id rather have the microwave. We have a Coleman Road Trip grill that I done some modifications to and we use it off the rear propane port. The kitchen is a bit tall, but some other ones we looked at were taller. The TT kitchens seem to be a bit lower than the 5ers.

We love all the closet wardrobe space....we're leaving tomorrow for a 7 night trip to the mountains...our closets are basically full. The smaller bed side wardrobe would probably be fine with me, but Id rather have the extra closet as the window.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #28

Took our new 2015 out for week trip last week and finally opened the kitchen for use. Wanted to see if microwave had a clock and to my surprise it had no power. plugged a fan into the outlet and it did not work either so appears no power at outlet. Outside refrigerator plug has power along with every other indoor/outdoor outlet I could find. The outlet for the microwave has a yellow coated wire heading from outlet to the outside refrigerator area but can't tell where it goes or hooks in. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions... All breakers reset with no help.
moomoo824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoo824 View Post
Took our new 2015 out for week trip last week and finally opened the kitchen for use. Wanted to see if microwave had a clock and to my surprise it had no power. plugged a fan into the outlet and it did not work either so appears no power at outlet. Outside refrigerator plug has power along with every other indoor/outdoor outlet I could find. The outlet for the microwave has a yellow coated wire heading from outlet to the outside refrigerator area but can't tell where it goes or hooks in. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions... All breakers reset with no help.
Yes. There is a switch above the sink inside the trailer that directs power to the outside or inside micro depending on its position.

UPC
Old 07-01-2015, 03:58 AM   #30

Thx UPC I will check that out.
moomoo824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoo824 View Post

Does your outside Microwave work? If so then you need to flip the switch above the sink if neither work then it's a different problem.

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #32

Very Nice, but then ... we like that model !
pedser is offline   Reply With Quote