Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #161

Mike, how far does your controller say the rear levelers are out?
I've gone 12.5" so far with no trouble, the ground was sloped front to back
My battery voltage was at 12.4 volts

klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #162

I've had mine error out and then checked them. The screen sows 6.4" on one and the other was 5.9". Error out saying the left front was the problem. The left front was only at 6.8 when it gave the error.
This is the most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with on a new camper. (So far)

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #163

Mike, can't help with the Hall effect physical stroke info (we don't have that on 2.0) but Wanted to clarify some info, on our 2.0 we only have 10ga power wire to the jacks. No Hall effect, your 3.0 should have a bundle of larger gauge (10 or if they got smart larger) which power the Jack then some 16/18ga wires to transmit the Hall effect Info to the controller like a Schwintek slide does. What I do know from talking with Lippert is on the 3.0 Jayco can not cut and splice wires from the original bundles provided by Lippert (eg make them longer). They must use intact cable assemblies with OEM connectors, our 2.0 is spliced to the motors at the jacks, introducing another weak point if not done or sealed from road grime right. Just FYI
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #164

On flat level ground my rear is at 9.5
And the front is at 6 after I extend the legs

Why can't your dealer figure this out...
If you want I'll take a picture of mine saying more then 12 inches. Then tell them yours should do the same thing and you'll have proof it can
Old 08-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #165

Thanks for the info. I will try to get under there this weekend and check what they have for sure.
My other issue is I broke my left leg on July 4th. weekend loading the new Pinnacle. Only thought I sprained something until 2 weeks ago when it got SO bad I couldn't move it. What a summer this is turning out to be..
I am still waiting on Jayco to answer about the sidewall issue we have going on...

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 08-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
On flat level ground my rear is at 9.5
And the front is at 6 after I extend the legs

Why can't your dealer figure this out...
If you want I'll take a picture of mine saying more then 12 inches. Then tell them yours should do the same thing and you'll have proof it can
That would be great. Even in manual mode I can't get over 7". This is why I have to put the 6" x 6" wood chunks under the jacks.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 08-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #167

Anyone know what the length is on the 2.0 and 3.0 systems? as in the electric portion.

I hear mention of the front needs to start out lower then the rear is this because the tube extension in side has been used more then the electric motor which basically only allows the system a really small section of jack movement? so if you ran the jacks out all the way to unhook then the jack has plenty of movement left. AKA a lot of times when I unhook I just drop the extension all the way out and then raise up the trailer. but if the electric portion of the jack is only out 3 inches this could really limit the abilities. So old school of thinking might mean we need to use the electric jack more to get lower first then drop the extension.

Those with issues what battery setup do you have? how many 12 V batteries, 6v setup? size ETC. Also if you have 2+ 12v systems are you pulling power + and - off of one battery or one of each of both. Yes there is a difference. Wonder if some of you were short changed with small batteries from the dealer, added with questionable wiring. This could really be a key to a lot of issues. 2 jack motors running at once could really put a draw on the batteries. Even boon docking most of the time the draw is way lower, these jacks are the biggest amp draw we have.

With the 6 point system, do the rear jacks level it out with the center jacks drop at the end to stabilize... Or do the center jacks drop down to level it out then drop the rear jacks? I assume the 2.0 and 3.0 work the same in this regard. I wonder if some people have different actions on the trailer.

To me I would think center jacks and front jacks would do the leveling with the rears dropping at the end for stabilization.

Has anyone see an installation manual. Would be interesting to view.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:57 PM   #168

The old way of thinking, dropping the front legs on the 3.0 will not work. If the front is higher and needs to drop you'll have no available cylinder movement to allow that. I will check what battery I have on Friday, but I do know it's a 12V.
Front jacks go first for front to back level, then the backs go and put pressure on the fronts, then the fronts again with side to side leveling then the rears. When it's almost done the center jacks come into play. Stabilizing mostly.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 08-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #169

Old 08-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #170

So I have this North Point 377RLBH on order. I am reading this post horrified. Should I call and cancel my order, and wait for Hydraulic leveling? The only other thing close to the North Point is a Elkridge or Oakmount. While I have not seen the exact floor plan 5 minutes in each one made me decide they were not to the quality of my Eagle. Finishes seemed super cheap and cabinet doors were so thin even the smallest door wobbled when opening the door. Honest Opinions?

B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote