Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
maromeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 792
We used our previous trailer for a cross country trip because family plans were made before our TT was delivered. We used it, unpacked it at home, cleaned it and brought it in for trade. Dealer sold it for 4k more than we purchased for 3 yrs prior.

The wait is the hardest part.
__________________

__________________
Joe and Mary Anne
1 18 yr old DD
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie Mega Cab 4 X 4
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
MikeNChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 607
Just talked to the dealer. We are STILL looking at another month to wait "give or take". Still no VIN either. I'm pretty sure I will never order a new one for me again. I hate waiting I guess is what it boils down to.
Just saying.
__________________

__________________

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
TexasRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Dickinson
Posts: 436
Congrats on the purchase. We took delivery of our new one this last Tuesday, it was well worth the wait. We could not be happier.


It will go by fast.
__________________
2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS
2015 F250 SD Platinum 4x4 - 6.7L PSD :
Titan 50 Gal. Fuel Tank
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
Just talked to the dealer. We are STILL looking at another month to wait "give or take". Still no VIN either. I'm pretty sure I will never order a new one for me again. I hate waiting I guess is what it boils down to.
Just saying.
My wife and I agree with you. The 9 weeks we have now been waiting is precious time missed making memories with the kids. Granted we can and do make memories doing other things but camping is what we all enjoy the most. Had I know the delivery time would go from 6-8 to 10-12weeks I would have never signed the contract.
__________________
2016 23MBH Elite
2014 F150 SCREW LB Ecoboost
blderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
MikeNChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
My wife and I agree with you. The 9 weeks we have now been waiting is precious time missed making memories with the kids. Granted we can and do make memories doing other things but camping is what we all enjoy the most. Had I know the delivery time would go from 6-8 to 10-12weeks I would have never signed the contract.
That's just it. Had I known it was going to be an additional 4-6 weeks, I would NEVER have signed a contract that has a non refundable $3,000.00 deposit.
__________________

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
MikeNChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 607
It's been 8 weeks today. Just saying. No word as to even when we'll be in production. Without a VIN# is there a way to check with someone at Jayco to see when the order was actually placed? If so, any information would be nice.
__________________

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
It's been 8 weeks today. Just saying. No word as to even when we'll be in production. Without a VIN# is there a way to check with someone at Jayco to see when the order was actually placed? If so, any information would be nice.

I messaged Jayco on FB and get a fairly quick reply regarding my order. Wish I had better news for you though. Per Jayco my trailer was complete last Friday (5/22). Per my dealer they still don't have any idea when I will actually receive it. And I am now on week 10, going on 11. My 2nd vacation for the year is coming up next week and it looks like I will be canceling that one too........ugh.
__________________
2016 23MBH Elite
2014 F150 SCREW LB Ecoboost
blderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
MikeNChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
I messaged Jayco on FB and get a fairly quick reply regarding my order. Wish I had better news for you though. Per Jayco my trailer was complete last Friday (5/22). Per my dealer they still don't have any idea when I will actually receive it. And I am now on week 10, going on 11. My 2nd vacation for the year is coming up next week and it looks like I will be canceling that one too........ugh.
My next week long vacation is next week starting Wednesday after work for my 50th. birthday camping trip. IF I ever order again there will be a drop dead date that if they go beyond there will be a penalty per day or that I can get my deposit back 100%. We planned things out because of what we were told and to not even have ANY info is disheartening.
__________________

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
My next week long vacation is next week starting Wednesday after work for my 50th. birthday camping trip. IF I ever order again there will be a drop dead date that if they go beyond there will be a penalty per day or that I can get my deposit back 100%. We planned things out because of what we were told and to not even have ANY info is disheartening.

I tried to write in the drop dead date with a refundable deposit and it was refused. Guess that should have been my first warning sign. I just got a 2nd update from my dealer about 30min ago and not only can they not give me a delivery window they also said an RV convention starts at the end of this week so all incoming deliveries will be put on hold for 1-2 weeks. I can't believe this........
__________________
2016 23MBH Elite
2014 F150 SCREW LB Ecoboost
blderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
MikeNChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 607
[QUOTE=blderman;305165]I tried to write in the drop dead date with a refundable deposit and it was refused. Guess that should have been my first warning sign. I just got a 2nd update from my dealer about 30min ago and not only can they not give me a delivery window they also said an RV convention starts at the end of this week so all incoming deliveries will be put on hold for 1-2 weeks. I can't believe this........[/QUO


You should be allowed to pick up your own unit and take it to the dealer for PDI in my opinion. I will most likely never order another one again. I'll search until I find what I want already made.


I did send Jayco a message on Facebook just a bit ago.
__________________

__________________

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.