Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #21

[QUOTE=MikeNChelle;305167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
I tried to write in the drop dead date with a refundable deposit and it was refused. Guess that should have been my first warning sign. I just got a 2nd update from my dealer about 30min ago and not only can they not give me a delivery window they also said an RV convention starts at the end of this week so all incoming deliveries will be put on hold for 1-2 weeks. I can't believe this........[/QUO

You should be allowed to pick up your own unit and take it to the dealer for PDI in my opinion. I will most likely never order another one again. I'll search until I find what I want already made.

I did send Jayco a message on Facebook just a bit ago.

I agree and have the option of skipping PDI and getting a credit.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #22

Your dealer should be able to provide you with an order number. Call Jayco and ask for the Order Management Department. The nice lady who answers the call should be able to give you some good information.

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #23

We placed our order on 3/17. Jayco told me the unit would come off the line on 5/5. I found out later that it did "come off the line" but was waiting for parts and finally, it did get completed. Yesterday, we completed the financial part of the deal only to hear that our PDI date is 6/9 (two weeks!?@?) and to say I was a little pissed would be an understatement. The dealer says it's because they're really busy and that's the first date available. So welcome me too to your group of unhappy impatient campers.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #24
Site Team

The RV sales must be really picking up with all these late deliveries......
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #25

[QUOTE=MikeNChelle;305167]
Quote:
I tried to write in the drop dead date with a refundable deposit and it was refused. Guess that should have been my first warning sign. I just got a 2nd update from my dealer about 30min ago and not only can they not give me a delivery window they also said an RV convention starts at the end of this week so all incoming deliveries will be put on hold for 1-2 weeks. I can't believe this........[/QUO

You should be allowed to pick up your own unit and take it to the dealer for PDI in my opinion. I will most likely never order another one again. I'll search until I find what I want already made.

I did send Jayco a message on Facebook just a bit ago.
Please let me know if you are able to get info from Jayco on Facebook without a vin. We are also still waiting....5 weeks and counting.
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #26

I'm sorry but who shuts down production due to a RV convention?
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
I'm sorry but who shuts down production due to a RV convention?

Not production, their PDI staff is all going to be offsite for this convention. Thus any new trailers deliveries are put on the back burner.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Yesterday, we completed the financial part of the deal only to hear that our PDI date is 6/9 (two weeks!?@?) and to say I was a little pissed would be an understatement. The dealer says it's because they're really busy and that's the first date available. So welcome me too to your group of unhappy impatient campers.
We could run into an issue with our rate lock on our financing because they usually only hold a rate for 45-60 days. I also refuse to sign any loan docs until the day I am actually doing my PDI. So, if they want to postpone, maybe I don't show up when they want me to.

J/K I've been waiting a lifetime.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:04 PM   #29

[QUOTE=wildwillie;305243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post

Please let me know if you are able to get info from Jayco on Facebook without a vin. We are also still waiting....5 weeks and counting.
As of right now, no answer on Facebook. I find it hard to believe that after 8 weeks I cannot get a closer than a guess build date. After next weekend, I will not be in such a hurry as my vacation will be over and so will my excitement because anger will take it's place.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #30

Just wanted to find out the ton of options you got. We are wanting to get the 36FBTS in a few months and wanted to know which options to get... Did you opt for the Generator? Tire upgrade? 2nd awning? Awning toppers?
violinini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by violinini View Post
Just wanted to find out the ton of options you got. We are wanting to get the 36FBTS in a few months and wanted to know which options to get... Did you opt for the Generator? Tire upgrade? 2nd awning? Awning toppers?
Tons of options were on our 2012 351 RLTS.
We did opt for a few upgrades on the 36REQS though. Most things that were options last year are now included.
We got the heat pump, 2nd. AC unit, Separate Washer / dryer installed, Queen bed because we already have a sleep number from our old unit, Ledgestone fireplace, 2nd awning.

We didn't order the slide covers as I've seen a lot of people with problems and we are usually parked under a tree so I don't want that problem. No generator, but we will be adding the 6 batteries and the 3rd propane bottle along with the solar panels.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #32

How is that Solar working for you? Can you run your A/C? Had not thought about washer/dryer as most camp sites have those. We thought we would add that later when I am retired and camp for a longer period of time. How do you like the heat pump? Is it worth it? Can you still opt to use the gas heater instead? Thank you for your great help on this.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by violinini View Post
How is that Solar working for you? Can you run your A/C? Had not thought about washer/dryer as most camp sites have those. We thought we would add that later when I am retired and camp for a longer period of time. How do you like the heat pump? Is it worth it? Can you still opt to use the gas heater instead? Thank you for your great help on this.
We are still waiting for the unit to be built so for the most part I have no answers for you. As far as the heat pump goes, it's an add on so you still get the regular gas furnace as well.
The washer/dryer will help so we don't have to always take clothes back home to be cleaned. We camp every weekend so that becomes a pain to always haul.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #34

Hope you post again when the Solar is installed. I have been looking at that as well as an option instead of the gent, or in addition to. Thank you,
Old 05-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #35

MikeNChelle, Try calling the phone on Jayco's home page. I called while we were waiting, the lady that answered the phone had the Rep for my area call me back. He called the next morning and looked up my unit based on the order number from my dealer. Did you ever get a copy of the order confirmation from your dealer?
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
MikeNChelle, Try calling the phone on Jayco's home page. I called while we were waiting, the lady that answered the phone had the Rep for my area call me back. He called the next morning and looked up my unit based on the order number from my dealer. Did you ever get a copy of the order confirmation from your dealer?
Not an order confirmation from Jayco to the dealer, but a copy of the order sent to Jayco. The Jayco rep said they do not have any info at this time, but they'll be making Pinnacle's the month of June...
My salesman responded to me yesterday late afternoon saying it will be June 18th. give or take....

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #37

Well good luck, sorry to hear about your issue. It will be worth it...
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #38

Leaving on my last vacation tomorrow without my new camper that should've been here last week. Live and learn. **Yes, feeling sorry for myself and angry at the same time.**

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 06-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #39

Right there with ya. We leave for vacation this Friday and will not have our trailer either; had to completely reschedule our itinerary. I messaged Jayco yesterday for an update and they replied this morning saying I need to talk to my dealer, they will no longer provide me with direct information.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #40

Quote:
Right there with ya. We leave for vacation this Friday and will not have our trailer either; had to completely reschedule our itinerary. I messaged Jayco yesterday for an update and they replied this morning saying I need to talk to my dealer, they will no longer provide me with direct information.
I only contacted Jayco once and was told that from the start. So mine should be here when I get back next Sunday. At that point I will not be in any hurry to get there to pick it up....

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS