Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #1

2016 36REQS On order as of yesterday

We finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new 2016 Pinnacle 36REQS. Now the waiting starts. I really don't want to load up our existing camper with all of our stuff, but we have a trip planned before the new one will be here. I guess I didn't think of all the stress the DW will be under during the waiting period.

Now she wants to postpone our trip. I say lets load it up and when the new one comes in just transfer everything over at that time. The people at the sales office helped us last time, I'm sure they will again. That's what keeps you coming back, customer service.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #2

Also there are a lot of changes for the 2016 that are now included that were options in the 2015. A few colors are gone now as well.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 04-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #3

Speaking from experience, and as a woman, it really isn't quite as simple as 'transferring everything over at one time'. It's an awful lot of work, you have no idea of the 'stuff' that is in your rig. We also had to do it in a hurry as someone wanted our old rig, right away and the new one wasn't quite ready so we had to move all the stuff out into a temporary rig on the lot. It was a horrible experience. If you can take your time, I strongly advise it. It made me somewhat cranky. LOL.
https://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #4

Congrats on the new rig [emoji4]
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken&Ruth View Post
Speaking from experience, and as a woman, it really isn't quite as simple as 'transferring everything over at one time'. It's an awful lot of work, you have no idea of the 'stuff' that is in your rig. We also had to do it in a hurry as someone wanted our old rig, right away and the new one wasn't quite ready so we had to move all the stuff out into a temporary rig on the lot. It was a horrible experience. If you can take your time, I strongly advise it. It made me somewhat cranky. LOL.
Having just emptied mine to sell it, I will second what you said. It's amazing how much stuff there was that is presently clogging up my garage! I spent several hours this morning just sorting things, organization wise so when our new trailer is ready, we'll have an easier time refilling.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #6

Well we went on and pulled all the old stuff out of ours as we were going to trade it in and cleaned the inside and basement storage..... Then it was time to purge all that stuff that had accumulated over almost 12 years and it was a lot...then buying new stuff because some of the old didnt match the new decor, an
D then trying to figure out where to put all the stuff in our new one. It was a job better done over several days period ... Luckily we had everything sorted and ready to go when the new one came in
Old 04-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #7

When we traded up to the 5er we did it at the dealer. They pulled the 2 units side by side and even helped with the move. I guess some problems were that we didn't get to wipe stuff down before putting dishes and such away. I will bring our current unit home and clean it out a week before and then we will properly clean the new one before loading. Thanks for the comments.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 04-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #8

Congrats on new rig
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #9

Congrats on your new order. We just brought our 2015 REQS home on Friday, so the loading is all done. We sold our last 5'r last May, so all our belonging where packed in the garage. We had that unit 10 years, so we did replace most of the kitchen ware with new, nice treat for us. We also dropped all the kids stuff off, so that made a huge difference too. I found with this unit being a bit bigger than the last, I'm trying to only load what is necessary, just to keep the weight down for hauling. Well hope the wait doesn't kill you...lol...its a very nice unit. Cheers.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
Congrats on your new order. . Well hope the wait doesn't kill you...lol...its a very nice unit. Cheers.
I think the wait is killing me already and it's only been a week. LOL
I just saw the pictures of yours. It looks great. My truck should pull it without much of an issue as soon as Ford can figure out what the issue is. It's been at the shop more than I've had it.
Enjoy the new camper....

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 04-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #11

We used our previous trailer for a cross country trip because family plans were made before our TT was delivered. We used it, unpacked it at home, cleaned it and brought it in for trade. Dealer sold it for 4k more than we purchased for 3 yrs prior.

The wait is the hardest part.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #12

Just talked to the dealer. We are STILL looking at another month to wait "give or take". Still no VIN either. I'm pretty sure I will never order a new one for me again. I hate waiting I guess is what it boils down to.
Just saying.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #13

Congrats on the purchase. We took delivery of our new one this last Tuesday, it was well worth the wait. We could not be happier.

It will go by fast.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
Just talked to the dealer. We are STILL looking at another month to wait "give or take". Still no VIN either. I'm pretty sure I will never order a new one for me again. I hate waiting I guess is what it boils down to.
Just saying.
My wife and I agree with you. The 9 weeks we have now been waiting is precious time missed making memories with the kids. Granted we can and do make memories doing other things but camping is what we all enjoy the most. Had I know the delivery time would go from 6-8 to 10-12weeks I would have never signed the contract.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
My wife and I agree with you. The 9 weeks we have now been waiting is precious time missed making memories with the kids. Granted we can and do make memories doing other things but camping is what we all enjoy the most. Had I know the delivery time would go from 6-8 to 10-12weeks I would have never signed the contract.
That's just it. Had I known it was going to be an additional 4-6 weeks, I would NEVER have signed a contract that has a non refundable $3,000.00 deposit.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #16

It's been 8 weeks today. Just saying. No word as to even when we'll be in production. Without a VIN# is there a way to check with someone at Jayco to see when the order was actually placed? If so, any information would be nice.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #17

Quote:
It's been 8 weeks today. Just saying. No word as to even when we'll be in production. Without a VIN# is there a way to check with someone at Jayco to see when the order was actually placed? If so, any information would be nice.

I messaged Jayco on FB and get a fairly quick reply regarding my order. Wish I had better news for you though. Per Jayco my trailer was complete last Friday (5/22). Per my dealer they still don't have any idea when I will actually receive it. And I am now on week 10, going on 11. My 2nd vacation for the year is coming up next week and it looks like I will be canceling that one too........ugh.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
I messaged Jayco on FB and get a fairly quick reply regarding my order. Wish I had better news for you though. Per Jayco my trailer was complete last Friday (5/22). Per my dealer they still don't have any idea when I will actually receive it. And I am now on week 10, going on 11. My 2nd vacation for the year is coming up next week and it looks like I will be canceling that one too........ugh.
My next week long vacation is next week starting Wednesday after work for my 50th. birthday camping trip. IF I ever order again there will be a drop dead date that if they go beyond there will be a penalty per day or that I can get my deposit back 100%. We planned things out because of what we were told and to not even have ANY info is disheartening.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 05-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #19

Quote:
My next week long vacation is next week starting Wednesday after work for my 50th. birthday camping trip. IF I ever order again there will be a drop dead date that if they go beyond there will be a penalty per day or that I can get my deposit back 100%. We planned things out because of what we were told and to not even have ANY info is disheartening.

I tried to write in the drop dead date with a refundable deposit and it was refused. Guess that should have been my first warning sign. I just got a 2nd update from my dealer about 30min ago and not only can they not give me a delivery window they also said an RV convention starts at the end of this week so all incoming deliveries will be put on hold for 1-2 weeks. I can't believe this........
Old 05-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #20

[QUOTE=blderman;305165]I tried to write in the drop dead date with a refundable deposit and it was refused. Guess that should have been my first warning sign. I just got a 2nd update from my dealer about 30min ago and not only can they not give me a delivery window they also said an RV convention starts at the end of this week so all incoming deliveries will be put on hold for 1-2 weeks. I can't believe this........[/QUO

You should be allowed to pick up your own unit and take it to the dealer for PDI in my opinion. I will most likely never order another one again. I'll search until I find what I want already made.

I did send Jayco a message on Facebook just a bit ago.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS