Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #1

2016 375 BFHS slide seals

Does anyone have these large machine screws on the top of the seals. Mine are only on the slides with the aluminum rails. I noticed 4 of them was pulling away from the house body because the screw heads were completely through the rubber. The remaining were not and were holding the seal tight to the body. I temporary installed thin stainless steel washers over the heads to keep them from being pulled away until I see the dealer. I looked at some other units (not Jayco) with the aluminum slide rails and don't see any screws or anything. Just wondering if this could be hurry out the door fix or what. Does yours have this also?
Attached Thumbnails
seal.jpg  
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:37 AM   #2

Usually just a set screw to keep wiper from moving in the track. What you did is fine, or replace with stainless and not tighten too much. Some manf. do it, some don't. Haven't paid much mind to that on those rigs, so maybe somebody else with one can verify what they have. Manf. change procedures quite regular, so not uncommon to see something done one way, then another way 6 months later.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #3

I have those on my br slide.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Yes... Mine are going through the rubber for the most part.
If I'm reading correctly, you mean just the one screw on the top? There are no more screws in that rubber seal.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

Hey Klassic, I'm talking about that silver screw. There's also a black screw next to it to the right as pictured. But there are two silver screw per slide on the top middle of side seal except for the living area slide. When I first noticed this I saw 4 of the seals tight to the body and 4 seal loose to the body. Actually at first I could only see 4 screw heads and the other 4 were through the rubber where the seal weren't tight to body. So I assumed their purpose was to hold the seal to the main wall. So i added the washer temporarily until I see the dealer. The loose seal also appeared to have adhesive that was applied underneath that looked like it was being stretched with the loose seals. But I don't know for a fact of the real purpose of that screw. I was just up there spraying the tops of the slide to get ready for the dealer in the morning.. I also noticed something with the roofing. It was about 82 degrees here today and the outer very top leading edges of both sides of the roof was really bumpy. All the way from the rear to the front. I checked a few different units (manufacturers) here with the same roofing but they were nice and smooth. I don't know if it has something to do with the arch of the roofs with these or what. Tried to take pictures but its impossible to see by photo. I know about expansion and contraction but this seemed extreme. Hoping I don't have a prototype or something.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #6

Do you mean something like this?http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...cle-34421.html

And ya.. At the Schwintek slides, one screw at the top of each rubber gasket
Buried a little into the rubber...one gasket top is slightly loose compared to the rest of the gasket. I think the screw is there to hold the top 8" piece above the Schwintek track where they notched it.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #7

Hey klassic, I checked that link out. Yep in same area all the way down on both sides. Mine are similar like wide hills. I can push down and they give. When I checked when the sun went down they seem to be less extreme but are still there. Don't you think I'm looking at a major problem. This is a 2016, got it in the end of Nov. 2015.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #8

The roof material is generally not glued at the radius on the sides, thus you will see some imperfections, or bubbling on occasion. Doesn't look good, but doesn't affect the function.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #9

The poster, AZ, is getting it fixed under warranty when it's convenient for him, because it poses not immediate threat.
I suggest you have your dealer look at it.
Maybe send AZ a Private message and ask him for details, so your dealer doesn't just blow you off.