Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

2016 Jayco 5th wheel

Anyone having problems with the kitchen slideout sticking on one side when retracting it in?
whitleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #2

Common problem!
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #3

I never had any luck with that method, it only worked for me 1 time. The method that works for me every time is to move the slide all the way out then find the controller for that slide and reset it. There is a button you have to push, don't remember exactly, but something like press it 6 times and hold the 7th until the light blinks. It says it right on the controller. My controllers were located on the ceiling of the basement storage, drivers side. I now have the controllers marked so I know which is kitchen and which is bedroom. The controller looks like this.....
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #4

Common problem with a number of fixes. Our 2017 eagle had the issue where slide would not retract in straight. We where heading home and made arrangement to stop at factory. There are 4 plates on the inside wall.. Top, bottom, front and back. The frame around the slide is an H channel. The channel was twisting when moving the slide throwing the front and rear motors out of sync.
Factory replaced the very thin aluminum plates with thicker larger steel plates. Covered with wallpaper that matched the interior. They replaced the bubble seal on front side of slide that was all torn up by then and replaced front motor wiring harness from motor to controller.
I believe the big issue was the 4 re-enforcement plates.
Slide runs in and out smoothly now and the motors don't whine the same.
Always run slides all the way out or in and hold the activation button for 5 seconds after slide stops moving. DO NOT run them partially and stop midway. That is what gets the motors out of sync at times.
Holding the activation button for count of 5seconds forces the two motors to stay in sync.

Just our experience so far with swinteck

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Common problem with a number of fixes. Our 2017 eagle had the issue where slide would not retract in straight. We where heading home and made arrangement to stop at factory. There are 4 plates on the inside wall.. Top, bottom, front and back. The frame around the slide is an H channel. The channel was twisting when moving the slide throwing the front and rear motors out of sync.
Factory replaced the very thin aluminum plates with thicker larger steel plates. Covered with wallpaper that matched the interior. They replaced the bubble seal on front side of slide that was all torn up by then and replaced front motor wiring harness from motor to controller.
I believe the big issue was the 4 re-enforcement plates.
Slide runs in and out smoothly now and the motors don't whine the same.
Always run slides all the way out or in and hold the activation button for 5 seconds after slide stops moving. DO NOT run them partially and stop midway. That is what gets the motors out of sync at times.
Holding the activation button for count of 5seconds forces the two motors to stay in sync.

Just our experience so far with swinteck

RoadrunnerII
Thanks.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:37 PM   #6

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #7

Bad Cable

My kitchen slide problem eventually got so bad I could not close the slide. It turned out to be a bad control cable from the controller to one motor.
ccsest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #8

Your might have a double seals on your slide. I mention this because yours is a 15' and if not preformed yet needs slider maintenance too.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote