Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #1

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS

Does anyone here have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS? We're ordering one and we've only seen it in pictures. There is no closet or bench with hooks for coats and shoes. Where do you put these items? Thanks.
Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin'_Nana View Post
Does anyone here have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS? We're ordering one and we've only seen it in pictures. There is no closet or bench with hooks for coats and shoes. Where do you put these items? Thanks.
'16 27.5 RKDS here, if I can help or take pics let me know.

You have a slide in the bedroom and that is the closet, also I think the upper storage unit on either side of the bed is also a place to hang stuff
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
'16 27.5 RKDS here, if I can help or take pics let me know.

You have a slide in the bedroom and that is the closet, also I think the upper storage unit on either side of the bed is also a place to hang stuff
Thank you. I found pictures online.

Yea, the wardrobe thingie is a combination closet for the bathroom and bedroom. It doesn't seem like it would hold much. Most of our clothes will probably have to go in there. The wardrobes on the sides of the bed have been reduced to half their size, so you couldn't hang a coat in there. Right now, I'm thinking maybe command hooks on the back of the bedroom door. I'm just wondering what people do that don't have that nice closet and bench/coat hook combo like you do. I'm hoping there will be enough room inside the door somewhere for a small rug and shoes.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #4

We just purchased a 27.5 RLTS as well and picked it up 2 weeks ago. We put 2 of the larger command hooks on the wall as you enter the bedroom and another next to the main door for the dog's leash. I think we'll be using the little cubbies below the "bed tables" for our shoes since if we leave them out they become dog toys.

I can post some pics if you need them.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankb11 View Post
We just purchased a 27.5 RLTS as well and picked it up 2 weeks ago. We put 2 of the larger command hooks on the wall as you enter the bedroom and another next to the main door for the dog's leash. I think we'll be using the little cubbies below the "bed tables" for our shoes since if we leave them out they become dog toys.

I can post some pics if you need them.
Ha Ha! Thanks. We haven't pulled the trigger yet and now I'm looking at the RKDS wondering if we should have gone that route. You gain that big closet and the bench/coat hooks, but you lose a recliner. Is there any room by that kitchen wall when you come in, or anywhere near there to put a small rug for shoes or is the space to little?
Old 04-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #6

Ok, I'm getting the floor plans confused. The RKDS doesn't have the bench and coat hooks. It's the 28.5RSTS that has the bench. Sorry. My eyes are crossing and all these plans are running together.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #7

Here are some pics of our entry. As you can see, with the slide in there isn't any room and once it is out you would be in front of the fireplace.
hankb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #8

Hello,

I tried to post earlier but the pictures got messed up and then my post disappeared.

Attached is the entry way with the slide closed/open but there is very little room there and the steps are in the other direction.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3260.jpg   IMG_3264.jpg  
Old 04-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin'_Nana View Post
Ha Ha! Thanks. We haven't pulled the trigger yet and now I'm looking at the RKDS wondering if we should have gone that route. You gain that big closet and the bench/coat hooks, but you lose a recliner. Is there any room by that kitchen wall when you come in, or anywhere near there to put a small rug for shoes or is the space to little?
First thing we did was take out the recliner, its GONE and in its place is a XL bed for our 90 lb Blood hound, that is his home away from home and he loves it, in fact its why we bought the RKDS floor plan. So yea you have some good space there.
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #10

Thanks for the pictures, Hank and for the info, 17Oaks!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #11

Hi Hank,

I found these ideas for shoe storage and thought I'd share them with you. Not sure if they'll work.

The first one is a rack from Walmart. I thought it could sit up against the back of that kitchen cabinet wall right in front of the doorway, if there's room.

Lavish Home 3-Tier Blonde Wood Storage Shoe Rack - Walmart.com

There are a lot of different ones along the lines of that one. This is just an example of one.

I thought this next one may work better. It could be painted or stained to match the woodwork and hung with command strips so we wouldn't have to drill into anything.

15 - SFGate

Anyway, just some ideas. Also, I wanted to ask, whenever you have time, would you mind taking a measurement for me? I was wondering how deep the cabinets are on either side of the microwave? I wanted to try and find some dishes, but needed to know how big the plates could be. If you don't have time, I understand.
~Lisa
Old 05-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #12

Hi Lisa,

I like the shoe peg idea as I think there might be more room for something like that although we probably still need to keep ours hidden from the pooch.

The depth of the cabinets on each side of the microwave (facing it) are 8 inches deep on the bottom of the right - I think the command center stuff is behind there and 14 inches deep on the top right. The left side is 14 deep on both top and bottom.

I bought a Corelle set for the last camper (Midnight Garden) it has square plates and the largest is 10 1/4 inches. I keep them in the overheads above the sofa closest to the fridge with bowls and other Tupperware. I keep our Tervis tumblers and the toaster in the 8 in on the right and use the rest around the microwave for food storage except for the top which I can't reach. It works for now but we've only taken one trip with the new camper.

Hope that helps.
Linda (Hank's wife)
Old 05-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #13

Hi Linda!

Thank you so much for all the information. I sure do appreciate it! It's funny, because I had already looked at those Corelle dishes. They look really nice. I was wondering if the square plates would turn in the microwave?

I saw that cupboard above the microwave and figured I wouldn't be able to reach it either. I guess we'll either have to bring something to stand on or put stuff up there that we don't need very often.

Thank you again for the information. So kind of you to take the time to do that for me. Happy and safe travels to you both!

~Lisa