Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

2016 Jayco North Point Ground Control 3.0

Brought the 5th wheel up to the Seasonal site a couple of weekends ago. Have used the Auto Level to Level the 5th wheel and it leans to the Road Side. You can really notice it in the Corner Shower, and how the doors close.

I have tried to level it by using the manual controls, but cannot figure out how to get the middle jacks to move.

I plan on doing a zero calibration after figuring this out.

Thanks for your Help on this.

Greg
2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS
gman03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman03842 View Post
Brought the 5th wheel up to the Seasonal site a couple of weekends ago. Have used the Auto Level to Level the 5th wheel and it leans to the Road Side. You can really notice it in the Corner Shower, and how the doors close.

I have tried to level it by using the manual controls, but cannot figure out how to get the middle jacks to move.

I plan on doing a zero calibration after figuring this out.

Thanks for your Help on this.

Greg

Can't manually do anything with the middle jacks unless you are in error mode.

I think that is a big flaw in that whole system....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

I agree, you would think that you could move them like all the other jacks
2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS
gman03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #4

No moving middle jacks unless in error mode. Is your brain in the storage by the water hookup? Mine is. I had a problem and noticed my with a chair leg mixed up in the wiring on the ceiling. Had to reconnect a plug in. The brain maybe unlevel.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #5

I am getting ready tomorrow to reset zero on mine due to error code. Just bring in your slides and retract all jacks. Than manuely level with the four outside jacks the middle ones will stay full up. Once u get it level than set the zero point. Than retract jacks and than hit auto level and see if problem is fixed.
The middle jacks are just stabilizers. I think the reason they do not want them to work in override is frame damage if u try raising trailer with them.

Even when u introduce an error to be able to manually move them they work together. I am not sure if they sense a pressure and stop or continue down together in override. My site now is a good six inches left to right.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #6

The system uses amp draw on the motors. More weight, more amp draw. Worked on a older system from 09 the other day, had bad sensor in the motor

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:12 AM   #7

gman03842,

Page 7 of the LCI Ground Control 3.0 Manual provides instructions for Zero Point Calibration.

I have the GC 2.0 system and in the GC 2.0 manual it states:
"ZERO SETTING THE CONTROL
NOTE: Middle stabilizers are not used in this process."

I didn't see a similar statement in the GC 3.0 manual, but as others have indicated, I'm guessing it's the same.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #8

I set zero point like I posted than hooked up for my trip. Arrived late yesterday and all worked fine. Next move will be June 18 and I will see if it works or screws up again.

If it screws up again I will start doing this. Several here have posted that once zero point completed it worked a few times and than did not.

So why not when it works fine just before leaving ( since u r now level) just zero point it again before hooking up to move since that only takes seconds to do!

Rock
Old 06-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #9

If you have to keep calibrating, check the rear sensor. If it's loose or hanging, it will cause the system to not be consistent. It should be mounted firmly. It seems to be a fairly common issue. Also make sure the control box is mounted firmly as it has the front sensor built in it.

The calibration memory is only stored for so long with no power to it. The original level-up had like a 30 day memory life with no power. So if you store the unit without power to the controls, you will eventually loose the calibration.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
... The calibration memory is only stored for so long with no power to it. The original level-up had like a 30 day memory life with no power. So if you store the unit without power to the controls, you will eventually loose the calibration.
Earl
Earl,

That's interesting. Never thought about that.

I have the Grand Control 2.0 and remove the battery during winter storage. Winter storage is typically from November thru March. I've gone through 3 winter storage and haven't lost zero point calibration.

You've got me wondering now how the Grand Control 2.0 System maintains the zero point calibration over a 4 month period without power.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #11

Earl
If the rear sensor is loose or hanging it will never self level according to LCI you will get an error. Mine sat for six months and every two I would relevel and all fine until last time. After zero point set just moved over 300 miles and worked fine. I will be moving to two more sites and than heading to factory in Oct. if I have more problems I will make them replace the CB and rear sensor.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 06-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #12

Yes it can self level but not be true level. Google it, it's fairly common on the ground control and level-up. The RV manufacturers like to not install the sensor properly. Basically the sensor moves while on the road or while leveling. One time it's level, next time it's not. But I can only go by what I read. Also it makes sense. I believe I saw it reported on this forum as well.
I've used the heck out of mine and it levels the very same way every time. I didn't have to calibrate level and the factory/dealer setting wasn't actually level.
My trade trailer had level-up and after 8 years it never lost its calibration. They use the same rear sensor type. I pulled all the level-up items off my trade but the landing gear. I had the rear sensor laying on the basement floor and it would level but not true level. Now if the sensor was unplugged, it wouldn't self level or let you do it manually either.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote