Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #31
Site Team

Thanks for following thru with the procedure. You came here with a problem and got it resolved. Now we all get to benefit from your experience.

That's the best thing about this forum.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #32

This an interesting thread...............after a year of issues with our slide here is the result
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1464813749
We experienced everything concerning this slide.
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205514424_iOS.jpg  

2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
This an interesting thread...............after a year of issues with our slide here is the result
From that picture, it looks like you are not done.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 06-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #34

Quote:
So sorry to hear and see your troubles. I hope Jayco is treating you right. That is very scary to see. Don't expect these kind of problems with new coaches.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Thanks for following thru with the procedure. You came here with a problem and got it resolved. Now we all get to benefit from your experience.

That's the best thing about this forum.
Thanks Norty1. I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did in solving the issue if it hadn't been from folks who freely gave of their time to post possible solutions for me. Got me headed in the right direction and I truly appreciated that.

Great place to seek help and give back when you can.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #36

Quote:
I am the SO of loboclone. What loboclone didn't mention was that everything that others have mentioned on this forum also happened to our slide, i.e. the binding, the resetting, the in and out to sync the slide, the pushing on slide to help it go in and out etc., the problem was always on the side with the residential fridge. The end result was, as you can see in the picture, when it finally couldn't hold it anymore and sheared the upper brackets. The fix, according to Jayco engineers, is to upgrade it to 500 :1 slide motors with the upgraded rollers and outriggers. We will see if it is the final fix. It should also be noted that we have traveled for months in our rv and that the problem probably showed itself a lot faster than it would have if we had just used it on weekends or vacations. So beware, this issue could also be on your horizon......
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Lassy View Post
I am the SO of loboclone. What loboclone didn't mention was that everything that others have mentioned on this forum also happened to our slide, i.e. the binding, the resetting, the in and out to sync the slide, the pushing on slide to help it go in and out etc., the problem was always on the side with the residential fridge. The end result was, as you can see in the picture, when it finally couldn't hold it anymore and sheared the upper brackets. The fix, according to Jayco engineers, is to upgrade it to 500 :1 slide motors with the upgraded rollers and brackets. We will see if it is the final fix. It should also be noted that we have traveled for months in our rv and that the problem probably showed itself a lot faster than it would have if we had just used it on weekends or vacations. So beware, this issue could also be on your horizon......
Welcome to JOF. I know you will keep Loboclone posts honest! LOL

Please when any members talk about your slides, make note of what type you have. I can see that yours is a Schwintec from pictures and descriptions. Some get confused because there are many different types of slide arrangements and the procedures are different.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #38

Thanks for clarifying the type of slide system we have. I don't normally do the forums but I just wanted to give others a heads up. We had it in for repairs 3 times, always being told that nothing was wrong, until the slide finally sheared the top brackets.
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Lassy View Post
Thanks for clarifying the type of slide system we have. I don't normally do the forums but I just wanted to give others a heads up. We had it in for repairs 3 times, always being told that nothing was wrong, until the slide finally sheared the top brackets.
Your welcome, No criticism of your post but it is a problem when talking generally about something specific.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #40

Proactive Course of Action

We are continuing to experience syncing issues with our kitchen slide. Given some of the experiences shared in this thread. The most recent post by Sassy Lass confirms in my mind that I will pursue having the motors replaced on our slide at the end of our camping season.

I have already initiated conversation with our local dealer about this. Will keep everyone posted.

The last time I reset the controller, it worked for several times in our driveway. Just before heading out on our last trip, the slide got out of sync once again.

I plan on tracking every time it goes out sync so I can present it to our dealer and Jayco.

I would love to hear if anyone had the motors replaced with 500:1 motors and how their slides are performing after that.

Tags
schwin