Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Angry 2016 North Point 377 RLBH Problems

Took my first 2 week vacation (ever) at age 49 with our new North Point and must say it was very stressful due to all the problems. I traded my 2015 Coachmen Chaparral once I saw the 377 RLBH. My wife and I felt it was a better built unit and fit our long term plans for taking longer vacations. The Coachmen was less money, made a trip to Texas and back (2300 miles) with only a couple minor warranty issues, and never stranded us on the road. To date our new North Point has been pulled apx 4,500 miles. One trip north to camp/park on a lot for 4 months and our most recent vacation which we put 4,200 miles on the camper. We are not full-timers and only have only used the camper for 4-5 weekends and a two week vacation.
On our vacation...... We had to place tape on the trim around the wheel on the dinette slide because as it was catching the wind and rubbing the decal off of the slide. Unfortunately, the plastic trim failed (ripped off)just before returning home. Third day into the vacation the main awning arm failed. This is a design flaw with the 2016 Carefree awning but I'm told Jayco and Carefree are claiming operator error. Funny thing is they have changed the arms for the 2017 model. Sixth day, we met another Jayco owner who was having problems with the outriggers on the frame that supports the fridge slide out. He was kind enough to look at mine which were fine. Unfortunately, they started to bend about 2,600 miles into the vacation and now the floor has dropped about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Jayco knows of the problem but has failed to notify owners/dealers. If you are really lucky the slide will go out-bind and not go back in from what I'm told. For this reason and others below we decided to drive the last 1500 or so miles without stopping or opening the slide. 14th day... We were heading home from New Mexico when our friend who was following us noticed something was wrong with one of the tires on my camper. We stopped only to notice one of the tires had a softball size bulge on the inside of the tire. At this point my wife was ready to cry due to my frustration and anger. My buddy said to call the number we have for free road service (1st year). The gentlemen on the phone was nice and told me not to worry that he would find us a tire/dealer and send out someone to change the tire. I told him that we had already put the spare on. That seemed to change things but he still insisted he would help. 45 minutes later he called and said he couldn't help us. He wasn't able to find a dealer who handled the China Tires on our camper (Rainier St) and had no luck finding a tire dealer within 100 miles. He apologized and left us to figure things out. I agree we were in the middle of nowhere but come on! I finally located a Goodyear dealer apx 100 miles from our location and was told they had our size. We got back in the truck with no spare and 4 china tires and proceeded to the Goodyear dealer. Thankfully they made us a priority and after inspecting the remaining tires notice one more tire that was failing. We replaced the "CHINA" tires with Goodyear and were back on the road within 1hr.

I expected some repairs/warranty issues and have several other small problems not listed above. What I never expected was the amount of problems on my first 2 week vacation going from Michigan-Colorado-Utah-Arizona-New Mexico and home. I ended up calling the factory on Friday afternoon to see if it was okay to drop the camper off. I was on hold/transferred for almost 45 min only to get dropped. I attempted to call back and had to leave a message that stated "please call me asap as I am on vacation and need help" Its been 3 days and no call back.

I would love to give this camper back but as we all know it would come at a price. Hopefully Jayco will make things right but who knows as they just sold out Friday to another company.
brianhawley66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #2

Brian

Sorry to hear about your issues. The tires on these rigs should be load g from the factory but no one thinks about that until it's too late.
I don't have issues with my frame supports yet but I'm keeping my eyes on them. Hopefully your dealer can get your issues fixed up quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #3

I read enough of disappointing tire stories, so ordered the Maxxis option on our 2017 Eagle 321. Well reviewed. Good luck to all China tire owners, keep an eye on them.

2015 Sierra 2500 SLT Duramax CC, Nav, Onstar WIFI, 20K Reese Elite
fljl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #4

They have corrected the outriggers on later 2016 builds and for 2017. They are stronger and I believe they added 1 if not 2 more under the kitchen slide. We love the rig if not for all the early problems. Perfect floor plan and everything we want in a trailer except the option to tow a small trailer behind it.
brianhawley66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhawley66 View Post
They have corrected the outriggers on later 2016 builds and for 2017. They are stronger and I believe they added 1 if not 2 more under the kitchen slide. We love the rig if not for all the early problems. Perfect floor plan and everything we want in a trailer except the option to tow a small trailer behind it.
Hi Brian Do you have any photos of what this issue is. My slide is rubbing the floor on the fridge side of the kitchen slide.

Brad
bradsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhawley66 View Post
Took my first 2 week vacation (ever) at age 49 with our new North Point and must say it was very stressful due to all the problems. I traded my 2015 Coachmen Chaparral once I saw the 377 RLBH. My wife and I felt it was a better built unit and fit our long term plans for taking longer vacations. The Coachmen was less money, made a trip to Texas and back (2300 miles) with only a couple minor warranty issues, and never stranded us on the road. To date our new North Point has been pulled apx 4,500 miles. One trip north to camp/park on a lot for 4 months and our most recent vacation which we put 4,200 miles on the camper. We are not full-timers and only have only used the camper for 4-5 weekends and a two week vacation.
On our vacation...... We had to place tape on the trim around the wheel on the dinette slide because as it was catching the wind and rubbing the decal off of the slide. Unfortunately, the plastic trim failed (ripped off)just before returning home. Third day into the vacation the main awning arm failed. This is a design flaw with the 2016 Carefree awning but I'm told Jayco and Carefree are claiming operator error. Funny thing is they have changed the arms for the 2017 model. Sixth day, we met another Jayco owner who was having problems with the outriggers on the frame that supports the fridge slide out. He was kind enough to look at mine which were fine. Unfortunately, they started to bend about 2,600 miles into the vacation and now the floor has dropped about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Jayco knows of the problem but has failed to notify owners/dealers. If you are really lucky the slide will go out-bind and not go back in from what I'm told. For this reason and others below we decided to drive the last 1500 or so miles without stopping or opening the slide. 14th day... We were heading home from New Mexico when our friend who was following us noticed something was wrong with one of the tires on my camper. We stopped only to notice one of the tires had a softball size bulge on the inside of the tire. At this point my wife was ready to cry due to my frustration and anger. My buddy said to call the number we have for free road service (1st year). The gentlemen on the phone was nice and told me not to worry that he would find us a tire/dealer and send out someone to change the tire. I told him that we had already put the spare on. That seemed to change things but he still insisted he would help. 45 minutes later he called and said he couldn't help us. He wasn't able to find a dealer who handled the China Tires on our camper (Rainier St) and had no luck finding a tire dealer within 100 miles. He apologized and left us to figure things out. I agree we were in the middle of nowhere but come on! I finally located a Goodyear dealer apx 100 miles from our location and was told they had our size. We got back in the truck with no spare and 4 china tires and proceeded to the Goodyear dealer. Thankfully they made us a priority and after inspecting the remaining tires notice one more tire that was failing. We replaced the "CHINA" tires with Goodyear and were back on the road within 1hr.

I expected some repairs/warranty issues and have several other small problems not listed above. What I never expected was the amount of problems on my first 2 week vacation going from Michigan-Colorado-Utah-Arizona-New Mexico and home. I ended up calling the factory on Friday afternoon to see if it was okay to drop the camper off. I was on hold/transferred for almost 45 min only to get dropped. I attempted to call back and had to leave a message that stated "please call me asap as I am on vacation and need help" Its been 3 days and no call back.

I would love to give this camper back but as we all know it would come at a price. Hopefully Jayco will make things right but who knows as they just sold out Friday to another company.

Do you have photos of what the issues are and what you mean by out riggers on the kitchen slide/fridge slide

Brad
bradsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #7

Here is the first thread about the bent supports. There are others too.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...lse-35795.html
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote