Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #21

I feel your pain, we purchased a 2016 375BHFS and right now we have 23 items (not all minor) on our list. Not to mention the many we fixed our self. Will be taking it to the dealer in about 3 weeks. Will see how it works out.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #22

Shadester....share your list with us. It's always good to compare problem lists and find common issues.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #23

Unhappy

No Problem, Here's the list:

1) Main issue, Floor squeaking in main living area between end of counter island and fireplace. Generates from main entrance all the way to fireplace when outside temp stay above 80 degrees for a while.

2) Water leak under camper while using shower for a good amount of time. Slowly starts filling frame rail trim then starts driping, under left side of water heater. Probably shower drain pipe as it only does it when using shower.

3) Lower graphic decal on outside bunkhouse door has alot of bubbles.

4) Flooring Damage - linoleum dents by couch, cut between fireplace and center island. Also two nails appear to be coming up through linoleum in bunkhouse.

5) Outside Kitchen door sealing issue (seal damaged on top of frame) (Temp Fixed)

6) Cargo compartment door on outside kitchen side that also lifts up the seal is starting to roll up like outside kitchen door did.

7) Both bunk slides took a long time to extend (haven't tried them since taking delivery, service said to lube them)

8) Two exit decals mounted on windows fell off.

9) Two interior door upper frame sill plates appear to have been cut short leaving too large of gaps at joints.

10) wooden grill on steps leading to bathroom cracked from factory hardware.

11) Booth free standing backing board insufficient mounting hardware. (Temp Fixed)

12) Booth drawer under bracing for inner flooring flimsy, will catch on drawer opening with very little weight in them. (Temp Fixed)

13) Right side L shape face pleather piece small spot of peeling.

14) main bedroom slide out switch keeps popping out of wall mount.

15) Rear bathroom sliding door bottom edge getting chipped probably from plastic slide guide.

16) Main Bathroom sink lower inner wall doesn't seem properly coated and smooth like rear sink.

17) screen door slide piece

18) Guide arm for wires on left bunk slide falling off.

19) Awning arm bent on motor side.

20) Plastic end cover for awning main tube fell off a few times.

21) awning flex guard seam seperating underneath awning towards front.

22) about 2" of awning material that attaches to main rv wall does not stay tight to track. It appears the nylon awning tube that goes into awning to run into the track wall is too short for awning width.

What has been fixed:
1) The refrigerator door panel had horseshoe rub marks from towing with kitchen drawers not fully closed. (probably from trip from factory, about 1300 miles.
2) The vacuum system had screws about 3" too long where you couldn't install bag.
3) We had a waterfall from the air conditioner ( the evaporator tray was full of sand and plugged solid causing the intakes to leak water.
4) The rear toliet was leaking from a crack in the bowl spray nozzle.
5) The plumbing drain fittings in the main bedroom was dripping water because the were loose. We tightened all we could in all areas to double check for tightness also).
6) The bottom of the fire place was not correctly installed leaving the bottom sticking out from wall about 1.5".
7) The bunk house door was missing.
8) The bottom of the island and all doors, the surface was peeling up leaving exposed light area. (we put clear angle protectors over all these areas.

There were more but this is what I have in my memory at the moment. The damages (such as floor, refrigerator etc. we reported immediately after taking delivery. The trailer has only been towed by us 20 miles since taking it and hasn't moved since. So I think if a decent PDI would of been done it would saved us a lot of frustration for sure.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #24

Ohhh that vacuum screw issue!

I had the same problem (I posted about it) when I tried putting in my first bag back in August. In September/October when my dealer got their supply of new NorthPoints and Pinnacles I looked and there was a mixed bag of screw sizes. One screw out of 10 units was acceptable. The screws really need to go through the other way and keep the sharp end away from the user. It is just common sense
I CANNOT believe that they are still doing it.
It is has become personal to me now and I would love to go to the factory and ask the guy who is doing it what he is thinking. Like I said, just simple common sense!
And what really irks me is I'm sure no dealer is calling Jayco and telling them to stop doing it.

Too bad about your other issues. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
You do have quite a few though.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #25

We have the same issue. Constantly seeing the lost signal error
MicheleO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #26

My concern is that the carpet is going to wear in the area where it folds up under the island and the arm on the theater seating is wearing from the sharp edge of the island digging into it. I've been covering it with a towel.
MicheleO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #27

Agree with most of the above. Minor in my opinion. I've had some doozies over the years. Jayco has been one of the better ones.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #28

I feel pretty blessed with our 5er. We have had one or two minor issues that the dealer took care of right away. The only issue I have had since we brought it home is the switches for led lights on the front cap had loose wires. I was able to fix that myself in no time at all. Hearing all of these horror stories scare me sometimes, but I have been very pleased overall.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiguy View Post
I feel pretty blessed with our 5er. We have had one or two minor issues that the dealer took care of right away. The only issue I have had since we brought it home is the switches for led lights on the front cap had loose wires. I was able to fix that myself in no time at all. Hearing all of these horror stories scare me sometimes, but I have been very pleased overall.
Just remember that most people (myself included) rarely tell when things go good, it is when things go wrong that we scream the loudest. I too have had issues but when I look back at the other RV's we've owned this is by far the best one!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #30

Angry Too Hot to Sleep

I too have had too many issues since taking delivery of our North Point 377RLBH. Actually too many to list. However the main issue has been the A/C. I wonder if anyone else here has had the same problem. We like to spend the weekends at the lake but after a day on the water I like to cool off in my trailer. The problem is my A/C is only good for about 5 degrees lower then the outside temp and I know I don't have to remind anyone how HOT this summer has been. My dealer has bent over backwards trying to help and had the Jayco engineers on the phone at least twice a week all summer long. Several attempts have been made to improve/fix this issue but to no avail.
I have spoken to Jayco directly and to date I am getting nowhere. Actually had Travis (I think that is his name) in customer service say to me "What Do You Want Me to Do About It". After Speaking to Tom Britton who is the person in charge of customer service and gave him the several page list of issues I have had to return to the dealer with his response was "Well We Are Doing the Work Under Warranty Aren't We". I asked him if that mean he is proud of a product that my dealer leaves a spot open for because I has have to be returned after EVERY trip. Most weekends my dealer actually turns on the fridge so it will be cold and fills the water tank for me so I can pick it up after work and head out and return the unit on Monday mornings for continued repairs. If it wasn't for my dealer I think I would have lost my mind by now. I was also told by Jayco they have not heard of any issues with the A/C in this unit however my dealer sold another 377 to a local family who has contacted me because of all their issues and the main one is the A/C not cooling. They have spoken to the same people at Jayco I have so as of now I have lost all faith in Jayco. It's a shame since 4 of my last 5 unites have been a Jayco.
LakeHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #31

I'm sure it's been checked, but there were a couple guys here that took apart the unit and found the returns were not connected.
That would cause cooling issues.

Only 1 unit would cause only a mediocre cooling on a hot day in a big rig like that.
That's why they offer 3 units now.

Good luck.
They really are a pretty good 5th wheel for the most part. I have very few problems.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #32

Long time lurker, but inspired to make first post. Like Lakehouse, we too live in Jeffersonville and have a 377RLBH with AC cooling problems. (small world) We are also having issues with our unit cool below about 5 degrees above ambient. We have the front unit as well. The only way we can get our unit tolerable in higher temperatures is to run a box fan from the front bedroom (with the AC set extremely low so that it will not shut off). Also, we keep our unit permanently parked at a seasonal site year round. It is under a full roof with sides that extend about 6' down the side of the camper. We are entirely in the shade.

The dealer has been great to work with but we still don't have what we would consider a properly air conditioned unit (especially at this price point). After the dealer did all of the checks that Jayco asked them to do, I contacted Travis in Jayco customer service department. He had me remove the collars inside the vents. The collars probably reached 2/3 the way up into the ducts (so I am sure they were restricting airflow). Unfortunately, I have not been at the camper during a hot weekend to try the system out since then. I believe we did get more air flow, but I am not optimistic that this will give us relief. This is our 3rd Jayco camper. I have been very satisfied with their quality and service in the past. I fully expect we will get something resolved. The fact that there seems to only be a couple of us with this issue makes me think it is something simple. Also, thankfully, we have not had any other major problems....just the AC inadequacies.

Could someone point me to the thread with concerning the return units not being hooked up completely? I would be interested in researching that possibility.
brian918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
defects, doors, lights, slides