Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #81

having the same issue with my awning now. been like this for 2 weeks. Jayco and Carefree do not want to help. no wind involved just a light rain. Can you advise me on how you got yours covered under warranty if so. thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffp216 View Post
having the same issue with my awning now. been like this for 2 weeks. Jayco and Carefree do not want to help. no wind involved just a light rain. Can you advise me on how you got yours covered under warranty if so. thanks
It was a hassle, but I called Jayco CS who eventually got things together and replaced my awning. I called Jayco direct and they sent the replacement awning to a mobile service in Kissimmee, FL who replaced it.

Took some time, but got it replaced. The problem was the fabric then warped. I am on my fourth awning all under warranty!
Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffp216 View Post

Ours was covered because when it was installed there was about a foot of the tubing missing inside the awning that holds it to the house track. So when the awning was out there was an area which was like a loose pocket where water could accumulate. Because of that they didn't give us any problem. But they did say they are designed to dump. It dumped fine when the arms twisted like pretzels.
We replaced the whole awning afterwards with the steep pitch traveler. We've been in heavy rain with it without anymore problems.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #84

The awning arms on our 16 Eagle were starting to bend.The shocks just beat the crap out of them every time you extend awning.We were lucky Jayco replaced both arms on big awning under warranty.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote