Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCADesertRat View Post
I have also talked to a Jayco factory rep who told me the same thing as it relates to Ground Control 3.0. I do not believe the factory personnel read this or the Open Range Owners' forum (at least with their eyes open). Did the rep call you back?

Thanks.
Yes they did. Thanked me for pointing this out to them. I was told the following is being done to correct the problem.
1. TSB to dealers telling them to install properly sized batteries.
2. 30 amp breaker being replaced with 40 amp breaker. I have read about this breaker opening a few times on here. Those with the breaker can explain.
3. Wire gauge being up sized somewhere. I was suppose to be contacted by a another person from the factory to tell me exactly what and where this is. No phone call yet.

The DW and I are now looking at a Montana bunk house. Montana is coming out with one that looks similar to North Point 377 and Montana High Country is coming out with one with no loft. Have photos of both and floor plans.
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCamper View Post
Yes they did. Thanked me for pointing this out to them. I was told the following is being done to correct the problem.
1. TSB to dealers telling them to install properly sized batteries.
2. 30 amp breaker being replaced with 40 amp breaker. I have read about this breaker opening a few times on here. Those with the breaker can explain.
3. Wire gauge being up sized somewhere. I was suppose to be contacted by a another person from the factory to tell me exactly what and where this is. No phone call yet.

The DW and I are now looking at a Montana bunk house. Montana is coming out with one that looks similar to North Point 377 and Montana High Country is coming out with one with no loft. Have photos of both and floor plans.
Which model of the Montana will have the mid bunk like the 377? How/where would I get photos/floor plans like you have been able to acquire?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #23

I would also like information on the Montana that is going to be like the 377, please! I checked their website and nothing yet.
MooseyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #24

They are real proud to have the only one in the nation. I'd order one you get more for less money. Local dealer quoted me 39k diff and CW myrtle Beach quoted 46k plus the salesman was a complete ass.

DW says kitchen is horrible. I believe we are sticking with the North Point. Montana just seems to be a interior that is stuck in 2009.

http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/...ontana/441495/
Old 08-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #25

Quote:
They are real proud to have the only one in the nation. I'd order one you get more for less money. Local dealer quoted me 39k diff and CW myrtle Beach quoted 46k plus the salesman was a complete ass.

DW says kitchen is horrible. I believe we are sticking with the North Point. Montana just seems to be a interior that is stuck in 2009.

New 2016 Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel For Sale In Myrtle Beach, SC - MB1225678 - Camping World
We agree about the kitchen. With the Refer in the middle you loose what looks to be a lot of counter space.
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #26

Friend of mine has a Montana Big Sky. Loves the camper, hates the quality.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:17 AM   #27

Leveling System

I purchased my 377 RLBH on Aug 7th when I left there and went to the campground my level system kept giving me era message. Got dealer to campground next day had to cut breaker out and put temporary wiring for it to work properly. It is currently in the shop getting this rewired with heavier wire new breaker along with a long list of issues. The major issue is the brake pads have fallen off the brake assembly.
LanceHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #28

We just picked up our new 377 RLBH last week and we're loving it so far. No issues with auto-level (yet). Only hooked up / unhooked twice so far so we'll see. Only issue so far is one of the footrests on the theater seating chairs won't stay in, but I haven't looked at it deeper yet.
I questioned the pocket doors a bit on the bunk house as well at first, as they are a bit flimsy, however so far I like them. It's nice to have the ability to keep them mostly closed/partially open and not have the swing of the door blocking the refer or taking up space.
The heat pump - wow - it's a very inexpensive option to add it (less than $300) and it's AMAZING! I can't believe how much heat it kicks out and how fast the coach heats up. Weather so far has been in the low 40's - upper 60's and it's been very comfortable in here at the low temps.
Chatted with a neighbor at the previous campground on the heat pump and he conveyed a story about his friend the bought a new unit last year with a heat pump and wintered with it in Northern Michigan - only used the heat pump, never turned on the furnace.
So far I'm a believer in the Jayco Climate Shield and hands down I recommend getting the heat pump option.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #29

Well our 377 was supposed to be offline TODAY. I cannot wait anymore. I am so anxious I might not survive till it gets here. I am not sure how long it will take to get to the dealer? Anyone have a good idea? I think it will be 1 day on the road to NW Wisconsin from the plant but not sure if Jayco does some sort of QC before it ships and if the shipping occurs right away or if the shippers are able to take it right away. My OCD is not helping!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:15 AM   #30

Sorry I have been absent due to work personal life and other items. We took delivery on our 377 September 3rd. We have camped 18 nights since then.

Issues-- Light leakage around kitchen/entertainment. Impossible to take a photograph of but it leak lights on both sides of slide in the bottom corner. Found on PDI Camperland Tulsa OK told me it was normal and was designed to allow water to flow away. Light leakage on Bedroom slide (Not on pdi) top corner near bathroom wall. Bubble Seal falling off on big main slide.

Auto Level-If you look at your sight before unhooking and place leveling blocks under the proper feet I have not had any issues. Any issues I have had have been user induced.

Modifications- Hopefully pictures will be added

Added second and third battery. When adding battery with disconnect off found that I had a load when unhooking battery. Investigated and found about 4 loads on the battery side of disconnect.

Added Second Battery Disconnect.

Tv Compartment in basement removed

TV added to loft area.

Next modifications.

Valve off washer and dryer water lines.

Remove whole house water filter. I have a whole house water filter I made and prefer to use it as the filter cartridge can easily be changed and does not get stinky while sitting in storage.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...icture5064.jpg

B & W Companion

Central MO
Old 10-31-2015, 08:27 AM   #31

MOCamper, how does it tow with the B&W Companion? Is your truck short or long bed?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:45 AM   #32

She tows and rides like a dream on an airplane. I have a long bed. I towed my previous fiver with a short bed 2012 F250 6.7L Powerstroke, and the long bed is worth every penny and pain in the rear it causes. No worries at all. The DRW also is worth it in my opinion, it is like the truck is on rails no lean at all going around the corners and curves. With saying that I would not own DRW if I could not get it into my garage, but when you have a 30x30 garage you have no worries.
B & W Companion

Central MO
Old 02-05-2016, 10:06 AM   #33

Quote:
My wife said she should sell them. She said the stereo is above the tv. I let you guess which one I think is correct.

Here is about the best photos I have found of the 377.
They posted a new one for 2016,

Traveling Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Photographer View Post
They posted a new one for 2016,

One of, if not, my favorite floor plans in a 5er.

I wish you years of enjoyment.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #35

Thank you
Traveling Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:02 PM   #36

Have any of the other 377RLBH found the pair of 8 gauge wires coming from the roof to the basement area for the roof solar "pre-wire"? I took delivery on mine Thanksgiving weekend, I looked a couple times for the wires without success, and with the days getting short and the colder weather upon us, we just buttoned the trailer up for the winter, figuring that we'll start our true "move-in" in the Spring.

I'd like to get my solar system (4-6v golf cart batteries, 2-150W roof panels, inverter, converter, shut-off switches, etc) in place as my first project of the move-in, but to do it successfully, I really need to find those wires!
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #37

I am of the understanding that the wire plug on the roof goes directly to the converter to trickle charge the battery.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Old 02-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
I am of the understanding that the wire plug on the roof goes directly to the converter to trickle charge the battery.
It can't be doing that. It has to go to a solar controller first.
And it's not going to the converter because there isn't an extra lug in there to attach an 8ga wire.

Look at the big bundle of wires between the aluminum joists behind the slide out tool tray. It's most likely with those.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
It can't be doing that. It has to go to a solar controller first.
And it's not going to the converter because there isn't an extra lug in there to attach an 8ga wire.

Look at the big bundle of wires between the aluminum joists behind the slide out tool tray. It's most likely with those.
It does not go to a solar controller and the cable is limited to 20 amps or about 200 watts worth of solar panels.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #40

???
It goes direct from the panels to the battery?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote